file lost

my harddisk is partitioned into 2 drives. all my systems and programs go to
C: and the rest documents and photos and etc go to D: The strange thing
happened is, I have created a document file, and saved to D:, then I closed
the Microsoft Word. After that I went playing games. After the game when I
went to check back the file, it is gone! And the strange part is, the
documents of the folder have also partly lost!
I tried recovering the document i typed the most recent from Microsoft Word
itself, the filename was there, but it could not be located. What is actually
happening to my computer?

--
-f@tt-
1 answer Last reply

    Search both C and D drives and also the Recycle Bin. If you did not delete
    it you may have moved it. If the document you created was typed and not
    saved, only the title without contents may be still there.
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "f@tt" wrote:

    > my harddisk is partitioned into 2 drives. all my systems and programs go to
    > C: and the rest documents and photos and etc go to D: The strange thing
    > happened is, I have created a document file, and saved to D:, then I closed
    > the Microsoft Word. After that I went playing games. After the game when I
    > went to check back the file, it is gone! And the strange part is, the
    > documents of the folder have also partly lost!
    > I tried recovering the document i typed the most recent from Microsoft Word
    > itself, the filename was there, but it could not be located. What is actually
    > happening to my computer?
    >
    > --
    > -f@tt-

Microsoft Word Windows XP