Agh! Help!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Ahh, stupid! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! I was testing out all the Radeon 8500 drivers in benchmarks to find out which is fastest and I think I screwed something along the way. Now, sometimes I end up getting casual dips in FPS in Quake III that I never used to get before. It's very annoying. I don't know what I did that would cause that. I think one of the leaked drivers left some files behind and now everything is screwed up. Ahh! Any suggestions as to how to find out the exact culprit without wiping out the hard drive and reinstalling everything?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
BTW, my average FPS in Quake III at 1024*768*32 MAX is down to 153FPS from 175FPS! That sucks!

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

mystic

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2002
I'm not sure if this will work but you can try it. If you still have all of the zip files you used to install the various drivers. In each zip file accept to install again then when it says to overwright say no evey time then it will show you the files theat you unziped. Then install the most recent drivers again after you finished this.
Good Luck

eden

Champion
Alright first are you saying the drivers lowered your FPS or are they causing conflicts like stutters?
If you have WinXP, try the Roll Back Driver option or even System Restore (last resort) as they should bring you back to stock Radeon 8500, then you can install the ones you want. That is if you got WinXP!

--
The other day I heard an explosion from the other side of town.... It was a 486 booting up...

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Haha! Problem fixed! I get over 170fps average at 1024*768*32 MAX and ~200fps at 640*480*16. Thanks everybody.