There are some buttons on my keyboard that are not working. The regular
buttons are working fine after I ran a keyboard test. It's the extra ones
that are giving me problems. My main problem is with the volume adjustment
button. When I turn the dial, nothing happens and the volume stays the same.
Also, when I press the mute button right beneath it, nothing happens either.

The last thing is that whenever I pressed these buttons, there used to be a
display (like the one on TVs when you change the channel) that shows me what
button I'm pressing and how high/low the volume is when I turn the dial. How
can this get fixed? Thank you.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:1E3E80B1-87D5-459F-AEF2-0EE752C76BC2@microsoft.com,
Diamonds <Diamonds@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> There are some buttons on my keyboard that are not working. The
> regular buttons are working fine after I ran a keyboard test. It's
> the extra ones that are giving me problems. My main problem is with
> the volume adjustment button. When I turn the dial, nothing happens
> and the volume stays the same. Also, when I press the mute button
> right beneath it, nothing happens either.
>
> The last thing is that whenever I pressed these buttons, there used
> to be a display (like the one on TVs when you change the channel)
> that shows me what button I'm pressing and how high/low the volume is
> when I turn the dial. How can this get fixed? Thank you.

Do you still have the CD that came with your keyboard? If so try
re-installing the software or looking at the manufacturer's site for updates
to the software.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

TRENDING THREADS