Linksys WRT54G security problem.

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105_2-5226918.html
Although the article says the offending router is the WRTS54G (if that
is a real model number and not a typo), the link is to a beta firmware
download on the WRT54G firmware page.

--
Bill
1 answer Last reply

    From the included version information:
    Firmware 2.02.8_BETA
    - Resolved security issue where remote management is enabled on port 80 and
    443 when firewall is disabled
    - Additional features are under development and are not supported in this
    beta release

    What I do not understand is why this is a beta release. It seems to me that
    turning off remote management over ports 80 and 443 (I assume that this is
    without a password?) when the firewall is disabled should be possible
    without introducing more bugs into the firmware.

    -Yves

    "Bill Schnakenberg" <willshak@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105_2-5226918.html
    > Although the article says the offending router is the WRTS54G (if that
    > is a real model number and not a typo), the link is to a beta firmware
    > download on the WRT54G firmware page.
    >
    > --
    > Bill

Security Firmware Linksys Wireless Networking