Linksys WRT54G security problem.

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b 8 Security
June 5, 2004 7:02:19 PM

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105_2-5226918.html
Although the article says the offending router is the WRTS54G (if that
is a real model number and not a typo), the link is to a beta firmware
download on the WRT54G firmware page.

--
Bill
Anonymous

From the included version information:
Firmware 2.02.8_BETA
- Resolved security issue where remote management is enabled on port 80 and
443 when firewall is disabled
- Additional features are under development and are not supported in this
beta release

What I do not understand is why this is a beta release. It seems to me that
turning off remote management over ports 80 and 443 (I assume that this is
without a password?) when the firewall is disabled should be possible
without introducing more bugs into the firmware.

-Yves

!