Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Windows update problem

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
September 4, 2005 4:42:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hello,

When trying to connect to the windows updat site I get these messages:

Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our site.
To use this site, you must be running Microsoft Internet
Explorer 5 or later.
To upgrade to the latest version of the browser, go to the
Internet Explorer Downloads website.

I'm running IE version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_qdr.050301-1519.
IE itself doesn't have any problems.
I already unstalled/reinstalled IE by Add/Remove Window components. This
doen't
work.
Reinstalling a new version of IE says there is a newer version installed and
stops

Anybody knows what's wrong?

--
Kind regards

Ruud Schuurman

More about : windows update problem

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 4:22:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

When trying to access the Update site, you see a Thank you page
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/showarticl...

When trying to access the Windows Update site, you see a Thank you page

Problem description
When trying to access the Windows Update site, you see a page that begins
with the text: Windows Update is the online Extension of Windows that helps
you get the most out of your computer. This error may occur if Active
Scripting is disabled.

Resolutions
Enable Active Scripting in Internet Explorer
1. Start Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. Select the Security tab.
4. Select the Internet Web zone icon.
5. To adjust the security level, click Default Level.
6. The Are you sure you want to change the security settings for this zone
dialog box opens.
7. Click Yes.
8. Click Apply, and then click OK.
9. Try Windows Update again

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:CC837400-1864-482B-A3C2-EA9D1E4B3B58@microsoft.com,
Ruud <Ruud@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hello,
>
> When trying to connect to the windows updat site I get these messages:
>
> Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our site.
> To use this site, you must be running Microsoft Internet
> Explorer 5 or later.
> To upgrade to the latest version of the browser, go to the
> Internet Explorer Downloads website.
>
> I'm running IE version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_qdr.050301-1519.
> IE itself doesn't have any problems.
> I already unstalled/reinstalled IE by Add/Remove Window components. This
> doen't
> work.
> Reinstalling a new version of IE says there is a newer version installed
> and stops
>
> Anybody knows what's wrong?
>
> --
> Kind regards
>
> Ruud Schuurman
September 4, 2005 6:08:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

This didn't solve the problem.

--
Kind regards

Ruud Schuurman


"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> When trying to access the Update site, you see a Thank you page
> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/showarticl...
>
> When trying to access the Windows Update site, you see a Thank you page
>
> Problem description
> When trying to access the Windows Update site, you see a page that begins
> with the text: Windows Update is the online Extension of Windows that helps
> you get the most out of your computer. This error may occur if Active
> Scripting is disabled.
>
> Resolutions
> Enable Active Scripting in Internet Explorer
> 1. Start Internet Explorer.
> 2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
> 3. Select the Security tab.
> 4. Select the Internet Web zone icon.
> 5. To adjust the security level, click Default Level.
> 6. The Are you sure you want to change the security settings for this zone
> dialog box opens.
> 7. Click Yes.
> 8. Click Apply, and then click OK.
> 9. Try Windows Update again
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:CC837400-1864-482B-A3C2-EA9D1E4B3B58@microsoft.com,
> Ruud <Ruud@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Hello,
> >
> > When trying to connect to the windows updat site I get these messages:
> >
> > Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our site.
> > To use this site, you must be running Microsoft Internet
> > Explorer 5 or later.
> > To upgrade to the latest version of the browser, go to the
> > Internet Explorer Downloads website.
> >
> > I'm running IE version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_qdr.050301-1519.
> > IE itself doesn't have any problems.
> > I already unstalled/reinstalled IE by Add/Remove Window components. This
> > doen't
> > work.
> > Reinstalling a new version of IE says there is a newer version installed
> > and stops
> >
> > Anybody knows what's wrong?
> >
> > --
> > Kind regards
> >
> > Ruud Schuurman
>
>
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 9:28:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

WINUP: Cannot Access Windows Update When Netscape Is the Default Web Browser
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;230054

"Thank You for Your Interest in Windows Update" message when you connect to
the Windows Update Web Site
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817144

You are redirected to a Web site with a "Thank you for your interest in
Windows Update" message when you try to visit the Windows Update Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836943

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:438B2DCE-126C-431B-B49B-35F3EEB2F4A6@microsoft.com,
Ruud <Ruud@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> This didn't solve the problem.
>
> --
> Kind regards
>
> Ruud Schuurman
>
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> When trying to access the Update site, you see a Thank you page
>>
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/showarticl...
>>
>> When trying to access the Windows Update site, you see a Thank you page
>>
>> Problem description
>> When trying to access the Windows Update site, you see a page that begins
>> with the text: Windows Update is the online Extension of Windows that
>> helps you get the most out of your computer. This error may occur if
>> Active Scripting is disabled.
>>
>> Resolutions
>> Enable Active Scripting in Internet Explorer
>> 1. Start Internet Explorer.
>> 2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
>> 3. Select the Security tab.
>> 4. Select the Internet Web zone icon.
>> 5. To adjust the security level, click Default Level.
>> 6. The Are you sure you want to change the security settings for this
>> zone dialog box opens.
>> 7. Click Yes.
>> 8. Click Apply, and then click OK.
>> 9. Try Windows Update again
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:CC837400-1864-482B-A3C2-EA9D1E4B3B58@microsoft.com,
>> Ruud <Ruud@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> When trying to connect to the windows updat site I get these messages:
>>>
>>> Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our site.
>>> To use this site, you must be running Microsoft Internet
>>> Explorer 5 or later.
>>> To upgrade to the latest version of the browser, go to the
>>> Internet Explorer Downloads website.
>>>
>>> I'm running IE version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_qdr.050301-1519.
>>> IE itself doesn't have any problems.
>>> I already unstalled/reinstalled IE by Add/Remove Window components. This
>>> doen't
>>> work.
>>> Reinstalling a new version of IE says there is a newer version installed
>>> and stops
>>>
>>> Anybody knows what's wrong?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> Ruud Schuurman
!