geforce alternative display question

shmeggegie

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2002
can anyone tell me if it's possible to use two geforces (a geforce3 in the agp slot and a cheaper pci geforce (possibly a 2mx, or something similar) to hook up two monitors at at time? also, would those two monitors then stretch the desktop across, or just clone one screen?

another question: has anyone here had real problems with hooking the hercules 3d Prophet III (a geforce3 card) up to a tv? first, I got a card with an s-video port, but a DIGITAL s-video to rca converter. THEN, they mailed me an s-video to rca converter cable (which I was later told shouldn't be possible, and that converting s-video to rca without a little converting box wasn't feasible, yet, here's the cable...) which I hooked up to my tv. It doesn't show up as new hardware when I start the computer with it plugged in, turned on, and set to the proper video line. plus, I can't select it in device selection in the display properties under win2k. furthermore, if I disconnect the monitor and start the computer with the tv as the ONLY monitor, it works fine through bios, and the win2k loading screen, but then as soon as I enter the os, it loses picture and I can't do anythign except turn off the computer without shutting down first and reboot with the monitor plugged back in. any help would be greatly appreciated.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
S-video to composite IS possible. It's carried on one of the pinouts of S-video.

As for your TV out, I'm not sure but this might worth a try. Set the display resolution to 800x600 or 640x480 and the refresh rate to 60hz. Boot up in this mode. See if you can now select the TV-out in Display Manager. This was a requirement on my old ATI All-in-Wonder but it might work the same way on a Geforce.

I do not know if two Geforce cards will work.

<b>We are all beta testers!</b>

shmeggegie

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2002
yes, i tried those resolutions and framerates. I even posted directly to the tv in that resolution and framrate. I'm actually concerned that the card has bad drivers, maybe.