Can the ICS DHCP on Win XPPro assign an IP address to a Wi..

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Connection
  • Desktops
  • Windows XP
a b D Laptop
September 4, 2005 6:36:19 AM

My desktop PC (Win XP Pro SP2) serves as an ICS host. It's connected to the
internet with a USB modem. It has a wireless G network adapter. My laptop PC
(Win2000 SP4) is connected to the desktop through a wireless PCI card
adapter. The connection is a peer-to-peer (ad-hoc) connection.

My wireless connection is active and I can share documents from my desktop
to my laptop. Now, I want to browse the internet from my laptop. The config
on the WinXP desktop is quite straight forward with the wizard. But I do not
manage to find the relevant config on the Win2K laptop:
I've tried static IP addresses (same subnet mask than the wireless G adapter
address on my desktop). But it do not know how to connect my laptop
(192.168.0.xx) to the internet...
I've tried to get an automatic address from the Windows XP DHCP service
running on the host desktop, but it does not seem to work.

I've read plenty of topics but it is to share an internet connection between
2 XP machines. My problem is that the client laptop is running Win2K...

Do I do something wrong here?
Thanks for your help.

More about : ics dhcp win xppro assign address

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 4, 2005 10:16:37 AM

Configuring ICS Client Computers: Windows 2000

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/ics/ics_win...

steve

!