change laptop CPU???

I have a Dell Latitude CPX with a 650MHz CPU... it's socketed, so is there a
chip I could use to replace it and boost the speed, say to 1GHz??? If so,
what chip. And would there be a problem with either heating or the
powersupply?

m9876c at yahoo dot com
2 answers Last reply
More about change laptop

    The faster available in a MMC-2 CPU is 850Mhz. They are fairly rare but
    occasionally available used on eBay. They do produce more heat but it is
    not much of an issue. There is a very nice free program called I8kfanGUI
    that you can use to adjust at what temperature your fan comes up to help
    with that.

    I actually did such an upgrade a couple of years ago and used PCMark 2002 to
    benchmark the difference. The CPU times for a P3-650 was 1692, for a P3-850
    was 2177. This was using Windows XP.

    "Al Dente" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Dell Latitude CPX with a 650MHz CPU... it's socketed, so is there
    > chip I could use to replace it and boost the speed, say to 1GHz??? If so,
    > what chip. And would there be a problem with either heating or the
    > powersupply?
    >
    > m9876c at yahoo dot com

    Thanks! Appreciate the info!!!

Dell CPUs Computers