error 1606 %userprofileRecent

I have TweakIe installed. (not tweakui)
'Tweakie' (http://www.tweakie.com/)
Out of the blue it keeps giving me this error message when I run the
application that my email is not registered. I put in the correct email
in the registration box, and it tells me again my email is not
registered, and doesn't open the program.
(this app works on 2 other computers)
If I try to uninstall it I get the error message: (a clue?)

1606 Could not access network location, %userprofile%\recent\
I've seen the kb article on this 1606 error for some MS products, but
was wondering where in the registry the
%userprofile%\recent\ is located?
Thanks for any help,
Treeman
(P.S. Tech support from tweakie is nil, they may be out of business)

--
Treeman

Hi Treeman,

Even though TweakIe is not in the list of products that this MSKB article
references, it may still be helpful:

You receive an "Error 1606" error message when you try to install or remove
a Microsoft program

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Treeman" <Treeman.1uuco9@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> I have TweakIe installed. (not tweakui)
> 'Tweakie' (http://www.tweakie.com/)
> Out of the blue it keeps giving me this error message when I run the
> application that my email is not registered. I put in the correct email
> in the registration box, and it tells me again my email is not
> registered, and doesn't open the program.
> (this app works on 2 other computers)
> If I try to uninstall it I get the error message: (a clue?)
>
> 1606 Could not access network location, %userprofile%\recent\
> I've seen the kb article on this 1606 error for some MS products, but
> was wondering where in the registry the
> %userprofile%\recent\ is located?
> Thanks for any help,
> Treeman
> (P.S. Tech support from tweakie is nil, they may be out of business)
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

Hi Pattie,
I have one entry that's not the same as in the KB article.
[ab] Default REG_SZ (value not set)
When I try to delete that key, I get; (unable to delete all specified
values)
So I guess I'm back to square one. Any more ideas?
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

The Default REG_SZ entry is "normal".

Unfortunately, no, I don't have any more ideas at the moment :-(

Regards,