Desktop Not Showing

I use XP Home and am having a problem with Startup. The background desktop
appears but there is no task bar, no desktop icons, and no start button.
3 answers Last reply
More about desktop showing

    What happens if you press CTRL+ESCape keys ? or the Windows-key on keyboard?
    Has the "unused desktop icon" wizard kicked in recently?
    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    "jrd" wrote in

    "jrd" <jrd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I use XP Home and am having a problem with Startup. The background desktop
    > appears but there is no task bar, no desktop icons, and no start button.

    Sounds like a corrupt registry key to me. The link below points to a a
    registry key repair. Obviosuly copy uor registry before hand. Even a visit
    to kellys-corner website would be wise so that you are comfortable with the
    fix rather than just running it from the link below.

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/nodesktop.reg

    Andy

    On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 12:33:03 -0500, "Maurice N ~ MVP"
    <maurice@mvps.org> wrote:

    >What happens if you press CTRL+ESCape keys ? or the Windows-key on keyboard?
    >Has the "unused desktop icon" wizard kicked in recently?

    Would the "unused desktop icons" wizard remove the Taskbar and Start
    button too? Somehow, I doubt it.

    Donald L McDaniel
    Please reply to the original thread.
    If you must reply via email, remove the obvious
    from my email address before sending.

Windows XP Support Desktops Microsoft Desktop Icons