Cannot install programs

When i attempt to install program I get thismessage
"the installshield engine ( iKernel.exe) could not be launched
the RPC server is unavailable"
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot install programs

    What program(s) are these?

    Make sure this service is not disabled ( use MSCONFIG to review or run SERVICES.MSC):
    Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    "JohnM" <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

    "Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

    > What program(s) are these?
    >
    > Make sure this service is not disabled ( use MSCONFIG to review or run SERVICES.MSC):
    > Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    >
    > --
    > Maurice N
    > MVP Windows - Shell / User
    > -----
    >
    > "JohnM" <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    > > When i attempt to install program I get thismessage
    > > "the installshield engine ( iKernel.exe) could not be launched
    > > the RPC server is unavailable"
    > Thank you? I already checked that and made sure it was running
    that is why it is so puzzling

    "JohnM" <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When i attempt to install program I get thismessage
    > "the installshield engine ( iKernel.exe) could not be launched
    > the RPC server is unavailable"

    Try the following:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810608

    Andy

Support Installshield Microsoft Windows XP