johnm

When i attempt to install program I get thismessage
"the installshield engine ( iKernel.exe) could not be launched
the RPC server is unavailable"

What program(s) are these?

Make sure this service is not disabled ( use MSCONFIG to review or run SERVICES.MSC):
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

"JohnM" <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> What program(s) are these?
>
> Make sure this service is not disabled ( use MSCONFIG to review or run SERVICES.MSC):
> Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> -----
>
> "JohnM" <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> > When i attempt to install program I get thismessage
> > "the installshield engine ( iKernel.exe) could not be launched
> > the RPC server is unavailable"
> Thank you? I already checked that and made sure it was running
that is why it is so puzzling

Andrew

"JohnM" <JohnM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i attempt to install program I get thismessage
> "the installshield engine ( iKernel.exe) could not be launched
> the RPC server is unavailable"

Try the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810608

Andy