Power supply for Dimension 8300 in UK

A friend's son's 15 month old Dimension 8300 power supply has failed. A
slight red herring was that the LED on the motherboard lit up so I suspected
maybe the switch was faulty. That took a lot of dismantling to discover it
was fine. Connected up a spare 500W standard power supply that I had lying
around and it worked fine so it's obvious what's wrong.

But when I came to screw the PSU into the case I discovered that the power
connector is in a different place. Nice one Dell! Upon searching Google I
realise that this is a known "problem" :)

We haven't managed to get hold of Dell sales yet (don't open weekends) but
I'm going to bet that the official Dell replacement is considerably more
expensive than a standard 300W PSU (~£15). After all, why go to all the
trouble of taking a standard PSU and making it incompatable if not to
increase revenue...

Are there any 3rd parties in the UK that sell Dimension power supplies?

Thanks, Rob.

I would push Dell to replace the power supply under warranty. Ask to
speak to a manager and stress how you like Dell and purchased the
higher end model in the belief that it would be more durable etc..

Wayne