Resolution reverts to lower resolution on reboot

September 4, 2005 4:04:02 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron 3800 laptop running Win XP Home. Instead of using the
laptop display, I have a Princeton 19" LCD monitor. So I am running a single
screen set-up. My problem is this . . .

When the computer boots up, it displays at 1024 X 768. I change it to 1280
x 1024, the maximum resolution of the monitor, which XP happily accepts. No
problems there. But when I reboot, the display settings change right back to
1024 X 768. So I have to increase the resolution every time I boot the
system up. It's driving me nuts.

If anyone can help me out, I'll nominate you for sainthood. (A nomination
from me may not count for much in heaven, but it's the thought that counts,
right?)

WolfSoul
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 5:13:01 PM

I forgot to add that I just switched over to WinXP, and that I didn't have
this problem with Win98. Nor did I have this problem with my old 17" CRT
monitor on Win98. So I think it has to be a WinXP issue . . .

I also forgot to add that the maximum resolution of my laptop LCD is 1024 X
768.
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 6:57:09 AM

The graphics driver included in WinXP may have a problem. Check the
Dell site for WinXP updates for your particular model.
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 11:08:04 AM

I'll give that a shot and post if that works or not. Thanks for the
suggestion!

!