4 Port USB stops XP Loading

September 4, 2005 4:29:03 PM

I have recently had to add a 4 port USB to my pc. The USB i have connected
has it's own power supply but if it is plugged into the pc on startup it will
not load windows XP! if I turn on pc first then connect USB everything seems
to be running fine. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem or has
similar problem.
Pc is a packard Bell not sure which! and it's 11months old.

Hope someone can help as this is just one of a long line of issues I have
had since buying pc!!
--
Louise

More about : port usb stops loading

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 6:53:40 PM

louise wrote:
> I have recently had to add a 4 port USB to my pc. The USB i have
> connected has it's own power supply but if it is plugged into the pc
> on startup it will not load windows XP! if I turn on pc first then
> connect USB everything seems to be running fine. Does anyone know how
> I can solve this problem or has similar problem.
> Pc is a packard Bell not sure which! and it's 11months old.
>
> Hope someone can help as this is just one of a long line of issues I
> have had since buying pc!!

Does it do it with any USB device or just the hub?
Have you tried it in mulitple USB ports?
Have you checked Packard Bell's website for a BIOS update?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP