3D Mark 2001 SE Advance Pixel Shader error

prepsmdker

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2001
This is kinda weird, I'm using the Radeon 8500, which uses the new Pixel Shader 1.4, however, whenever I run the Advance Pixel shader, it closes out and tells me it gas created an error log. In the error log it says:

Application info
----------------

Name 3DMark2001 SE
Build 300

Error log
---------

Could not create render target depth-stencil surface - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

System info available: yes
Project available: yes

The nature demo runs fine(if that uses the pixel shader 1.4 or not, I am unaware), and ATI's own Treasure chest demo which shows the abilities of the 1.4 pixel shader run fine on my computer. But somehow, 3Dmark isn't working.

Any ideas would be appreciative. I'd think about installing the drivers again, but there's gonna be some new ones out in a few days. Anyone else have this error?

BTW, I do have the latest beta drivers from ATI's website, and I am using windows XP.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by prepsmdker on 02/13/02 03:29 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Yes, this is a bug in the latest beta, I believe. I switched back to 6011 which seems to be the best overall performing driver and probably the most stable .

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor