freezing after installing SP2

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

After installing SP2 my pc has been freezing at random times. When it does
freeze you still can move the mouse until you click on a window on the
windows toolbar. The window text enlarges as if it were in safe mode... then
the whole pc locks up. I have ran numerous spyware and registry fix programs
but they havent worked.

I suspect this is an issue with a previous driver on your system that isn't
SP2 compliant. Try the following steps to start with:

1) Update your system BIOS
2) Update your motherboard drivers
3) Update your video drivers to the latest WHQL certified version available
from nVidia or ATI
4) Update your sound card drivers
5) Update your LAN/Modem drivers
6) Update any other hardware devices on your system
7) Update the software programs on your system.

Good Luck!