Anyone know when the Herculese R8500 is out?

cyn1k

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2002
Just heard about this card and I was wondering if anyone has any idea on a release date or if the card is not official yet?

cyn1k

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2002
its already out? I wasnt able to find it on any online stores.. Hercules Radeon 8500 is the full name right? Let me know if you know any online stores carrying it..

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I don't know about Online stores but I know that <A HREF="http://www.canadacomputers.com/" target="_new">Canada Computers</A> has the OEM Hercules R8500 for $229CDN which is less than $150 USD.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

cyn1k

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2002
Actually another question.. I was searching everywhere for a review or atleast some sort of info on the card and I can't find it anywhere!.. Even on hercules official site there is no Radeon's under their products list? I realize its a new product but its just strange that there is no info what-so-ever anywhere on the web on this card.. atleast not that I can find ;).. I was mainly curious to see what speed ram it had since I've heard that is the major contributor to being able to OC a card.. Why is this card invisible on the web!

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
seems the card was really meant for the european market. I believe there waiting for the RV250 to come and launch a big front against over manufactors.

I Love playing on my GameCube or PC cuz there both ATi powered... :smile:

cyn1k

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2002
bah, I gues its not wise to invest in a card with no north-american support then :(.. I would like to support ATI but the retail cards are expensive and I've heard the OEM one's are "like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get" ;)... if I knew the OEM's would all come with decent RAM id grab one for sure.. agh.. like I said I'd really like to support ATI, but they sure make it difficult to do so..

[edit]
How about that Gigabyte Maya AP64D-H Radeon 8500 card.. that's the other option I suppose.. anyone know when that card hits the market or any reviews I could read?
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by cyn1k on 02/14/02 11:51 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

cyn1k

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2002
actually I suppose it doesnt matter if I decided to buy the hercules card anyhow, since I could just use the ATI reference drivers for the card.. And I have more faith in a hercules r8500le than an ati r8500le for some reason.. I guess I like having brand names attached ;)