error deleting folder

I often create folders in Explorer to download files and or pictures
from the net. After distributing some of the material I wish to keep,
I am unable to delete the folder and the unwanted material....I get
the following message.

Error Deleting File or Folder

Cannot delete XXXX . Access Denied

Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the
file is not currently in use.

If I re boot the computer, I am then able to delete the folder.

This is becoming a real inconvience,,,,,,,,any suggestions

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about error deleting folder

    "Jack Black" <jackblack32003@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I often create folders in Explorer to download files and or pictures
    > from the net. After distributing some of the material I wish to keep,
    > I am unable to delete the folder and the unwanted material....I get
    > the following message.

    > Error Deleting File or Folder
    >

    > Cannot delete XXXX . Access Denied
    >

    > Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the
    > file is not currently in use.
    >

    > If I re boot the computer, I am then able to delete the folder.
    >
    > This is becoming a real inconvience,,,,,,,,any suggestions
    >

    > Thanks

    This may help you,

    How do I delete an "undeletable" file?
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_undeletable_file.htm

    --
    William

    Jack Black Wrote:
    > I often create folders in Explorer to download files and or pictures
    > from the net. After distributing some of the material I wish to keep,
    > I am unable to delete the folder and the unwanted material....I get
    > the following message.

    > Error Deleting File or Folder
    >

    > Cannot delete XXXX . Access Denied
    >

    > Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the
    > file is not currently in use.
    >

    > If I re boot the computer, I am then able to delete the folder.
    >
    > This is becoming a real inconvience,,,,,,,,any suggestions
    >

    > Thanks

    try doing a google search for Gipo Utilities. Follow the
    instructions.That should work I believe. If it doesnt, try restarting
    and immediately deleting the file once Windows starts. Good luck

    --
    mussashimits

    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:e0jnh15j3r9iscuiqs7vqon4m65vu9hd0b@4ax.com,
    Jack Black <jackblack32003@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I often create folders in Explorer to download files and or pictures
    > from the net. After distributing some of the material I wish to keep,
    > I am unable to delete the folder and the unwanted material....I get
    > the following message.

    > Error Deleting File or Folder
    >

    > Cannot delete XXXX . Access Denied
    >

    > Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the
    > file is not currently in use.
    >

    > If I re boot the computer, I am then able to delete the folder.
    >
    > This is becoming a real inconvience,,,,,,,,any suggestions
    >

    > Thanks

Microsoft Windows XP