how do I on a Inspiron 9100

I have an Inspiron 9100 and have a question. I looked at the Owner's Manual
and cannot find a reference one way or the other.

But I can hook up an exterior monitor and assume I can use a USB keyboard on
the 9100. Sort of like a docking station is what I am think of. But if I
close the lid doesn't the laptop turn it self off or hibernate? So how do I
do this, close the lid but still work with the laptop?

MikeT

You can set the power options in Dell Quick Set or in the Control
Panel>Performance and Maintenance>Power Options applet.