Default Gateway

When trying to log into the latest MSN messenger (7.5) it stops sidning i and
goes to the main sign in screen. I troubleshooted the problem and it said it
was because the defalt gateway was offline.HELP!!!.whats a default gateway
and how can i fox the problem.
help would be greatly appreciated

also ive tried fixing it using the windows fixing thing but it didnt work.
1 answer Last reply
More about default gateway

    As I understand it, the default gateway is the IP that your router uses to
    connect your LAN to the ISP. On my system it's the internal IP address
    (192.168.0.1) that my NetGear router uses as the "base" for the network
    connections in my LAN.

    "edward-prichard" wrote:

    > When trying to log into the latest MSN messenger (7.5) it stops sidning i and
    > goes to the main sign in screen. I troubleshooted the problem and it said it
    > was because the defalt gateway was offline.HELP!!!.whats a default gateway
    > and how can i fox the problem.
    > help would be greatly appreciated
    >
    > also ive tried fixing it using the windows fixing thing but it didnt work.

Default Gateway Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP