Default Gateway

September 5, 2005 8:45:04 AM

When trying to log into the latest MSN messenger (7.5) it stops sidning i and
goes to the main sign in screen. I troubleshooted the problem and it said it
was because the defalt gateway was offline.HELP!!!.whats a default gateway
and how can i fox the problem.
help would be greatly appreciated

also ive tried fixing it using the windows fixing thing but it didnt work.

More about : default gateway

Anonymous
September 5, 2005 11:31:04 AM

As I understand it, the default gateway is the IP that your router uses to
connect your LAN to the ISP. On my system it's the internal IP address
(192.168.0.1) that my NetGear router uses as the "base" for the network
connections in my LAN.

!