install error- "the path l?me contains an invalid character"

Hi,
Ive been trying to install a game called Obscure, but when I run
Setup.exe, I get an error 1324, and the message "the path l?me contains
an invalid character" I assume this is because there is some file in
the archive that has an unrecognized letter/character from another
language. Might anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks very
much!

--
mussashimits
1 answer Last reply

    One of these might help.

    Error: "Error 1324: The folder path <folder name> contains an invalid
    character" during installation or uninstallation:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2003071010370939?Open&src=bar_sch_nam&docid=2001050290226665&nsf=nip.nsf&view=1c88841b1a46fa8885256ee600534d6c&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

    "Error 1324. The folder path 'Documents and Settings' contains an invalid
    character"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325069

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "mussashimits" <mussashimits.1uvvpp@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    > Ive been trying to install a game called Obscure, but when I run
    > Setup.exe, I get an error 1324, and the message "the path l?me contains
    > an invalid character" I assume this is because there is some file in
    > the archive that has an unrecognized letter/character from another
    > language. Might anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks very
    > much!
    >

    > --
    > mussashimits

Support Microsoft Windows XP