Out of scan range

stashu

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2002
I have a Radeon DDR 32MB card on a Abit VT6X4. I loaded all the most recent drivers (directx8.1, 4in1, bios, _7189 ) and after it boots up and loads Win98 the screen goes black and I get the box "OUT OF SCAN RANGE". I uninstalled - reinstalled - many time and same thing. It worked fine before I removed WinMe for another problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

stashu

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2002
Are you saying that after you installed Win2k it solved the problem. I was thinking of buying it anyways.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well Win2k is solid. Well i dont really like WinXP. Also Win2k gets lovely Service Packs that fixed alot of stuff.

I Love playing on my GameCube or PC cuz there both ATi powered... :smile:

stashu

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2002
rcf - Rydman @ the underground had the solution. For some reason Radeon changes it's display adapter settings to 'unknown', so you have to start in safe mode and change them to 'default adapter' then after reboot you can put them back to 'optimal'. Simple, but who could of known.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Boot you system with the monitor turned off. Switch on the monitor when Windows is finished booting.

When no monitor is detected Windows will select the "Default Monitor". All frequencies will be set to 60hz for all resolutions. You can than manually change them so that they will in range for your monitor (75, 85, whatever). Reboot. This time leave the monitor on so Windows will properly detect it.

<b>We are all beta testers!</b>