Sign in with
Your question

GF3 freezes in windows!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 17, 2002 2:51:01 PM

Whoever help me solve this problem and i will do anythin'..

MSI-6380(266) mobo [with the latest via upgrade (14.37]
AMD 1333
256 DDR
40 GB quantum (7200)
dvd pioneer 116
cd-rw yamaha 20x10x40
sound blaster 5.1
tower 300W
leadtek GeForce 3
win98

When i purchased this computer i used the display drivers that came with leadtek. Everything worked fine. But when i try to upgrade to any other driver version (21.80 or 23.11 or.. by nvidia or leadtek) the system freezes during windows at random timing. But the craziest part of this story is that during games everything works PERFECT (i used 3dmark, overcloaked the card, demading games, everythin' works fine except @#$%windows!!!)

CAN ANYONE ADVICE ME? (please.. its very frustrating to change drivers whenever you want to play a game!!)

More about : gf3 freezes windows

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
February 19, 2002 11:28:07 AM

try to use VIA hardware drivers vers 4.35. The driver vers 4.37 can cause system crashes (maybe that´s your problem
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
February 19, 2002 12:54:43 PM

Make sure you upgrade your agp driver, can be found viaarena.com. Also if you want to look at their forum they got lotsa issues regarding your problem.

NetAdmin By Day AMD Lover By Night
February 20, 2002 8:26:51 PM

-first of all, i use win98 first edition,
-secondly, i had the same problem with any via 4 in 1 driver.
-power supply model:: LPH6-300W (extends to 160W for 3.3&5.5 V). I had gone so mad,yesterday, that i unpluged all my computer's parts(includin' mobo) repluged them in case of bad connectin' ...
NO luck, but i didn't fetch the case[chassis]. Also I had my room's window open so that the cpu tmp was +-55C [Vcore 1,76V//Voltage 1,23V//FAN 4856 rpm//Battery 3,20V].
THese numbers are different than the ones with case closed [cpu tmp 60-65, even 72 for summer days]. I re-installed 23.11 and crashes minimazed. I still can't use photoshop or even asdsee, or perform complex tasks, but windows doesnt crash so often.
Can it be power supply or heat problem? Please continue advice me!!!! [i also noticed that my GF3's heat sink was very hot.Could my GF3 be the problem {please NOOO}]
Should i purchase new fan or power supply or ... ... ..
[And if you think that this is a heat problem, why my computer doesn't crash during games????]
!