Ge2 MX = real temperature problem

G

I've had a computer equipped with a Ge2 MX/MX400 since 1 year now. Until about 6 months ago, the computer worked just perfect. The number of total crashes in 6 months could be counted on two hands.
Then it began.
The first month it was just visual problems with 3d-games. In Counter-strike I got bright green and purple spots randomly spread across every texture in the game.
Yes, you can laugh. I did too in the beginning.
Then it moved onto disturbing vertical lines every 20 pixels over the entire screen. These lines switched colors every frame.
1 month after it began crashes started to occur just after such lines started to appear on the screen. (the lines would appear after about 30 minutes of play). 40 mins, then crash.
After a while I noticed that these occations were more likely to appear if it was a warm temperature in my room. So for a while I seemed to have "cured" my computer by simply having my window open just a bit. Then my computer got worse and I got a cold.
I closed the window (now it's month 2) and simply picked off the metal plate from the side of my computer, making it totally open from one side. This was the best solution ever.
(my chassi was a bit air-tight).
Glad thats over! I thought.
Then... CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH! CRASH!

The last 6 months I've had (roughly counted) 500 crashes. Which, but simple maths, mean more than one a day.

Now, the countdown is as this:
1: The computer idle = 4-5hrs.
2: The computer with me active = 3 hrs.
3: 3D Gametime with fresh started computer = 30mins.
4: 2D Gametime with fresh started computer = 20mins.

If I put my finger on the "backside" of the graphics card after a crash, just behind the GPU (graphics processing unit), the temperature is enough to burn my finger. I know that it must be about 50 degrees Celsius (about 120 F) to burn, but I estimate this to be about 60 degrees Celsius (140 F)!!

All that reading must lead to something I hear you cry. And yes, here's my simple question:

I can't believe such temperatures is normal, what is a normal temperature for such GPU:s and would this be enough to make them (my computer salesmen) gimme a new one???