Windows error when trying to install software.

Hello all! My problem is when I try and install some "older" software
on my machine,I get the following error message
"C:WindowsSystem32Autoexec.NT.The system file is not suitable for
running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.Chose ’close’ to
terminate the application".I am running Win XP Pro SP-1,fully
updated!The game’s that give me this error are Half-Life
original,and Delta Force Black Hawk Down.The drives are a Plextor 716a
DVD drive and I also tried a Lite-On 52x cd-rom!Any help would be
great.If you need any more info,will be glad to reply!!

Thanks in advance,

Voodoo

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Windows-error-install-software-ftopict417313.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1392116

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

Have a look here..
"Error Message When You Install or Start an MS-DOS or 16-Bit Windows Based
Program"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767