System Restore & Microsoft Internet Win fix Error?

When opening up a page on the Internet just recently in the last two days I
have been receiving an error message "Microsoft Internet Error - Win fix "
which displays a page with no data on it and then I have tried a Systems
Restore and it will not allow me to complete a systems restore and I have
tried several different restore dates? Any help would be appreicated?
Thanks!!!
--
Joe
3 answers Last reply

    Hi Joe,

    Use the following articles to remove Winfixer before attempting to use System Restore.

    eTrust Spyware Encyclopedia - WinFixer 2005
    http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453094807

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.virtumonde.html
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.vundo.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    "Joe" wrote:

    > When opening up a page on the Internet just recently in the last two days I
    > have been receiving an error message "Microsoft Internet Error - Win fix "
    > which displays a page with no data on it and then I have tried a Systems
    > Restore and it will not allow me to complete a systems restore and I have
    > tried several different restore dates? Any help would be appreicated?
    > Thanks!!!
    > --
    > Joe

    here are winfixers phone numbers. the numbers are for billingnow.com.
    they are all part of the same scam winsoftware which is winfixer. 800
    755-5909. 202 904 2212 and 519 488 5191. they will ask you for name and
    email DONT GIVE IT TO THEM

    lets give them a dose of what they gave us

Internet Microsoft System Restore Windows XP