System Restore & Microsoft Internet Win fix Error?

September 5, 2005 3:44:40 PM

When opening up a page on the Internet just recently in the last two days I
have been receiving an error message "Microsoft Internet Error - Win fix "
which displays a page with no data on it and then I have tried a Systems
Restore and it will not allow me to complete a systems restore and I have
tried several different restore dates? Any help would be appreicated?
Thanks!!!
--
Joe
Anonymous

Hi Joe,

Use the following articles to remove Winfixer before attempting to use System Restore.

eTrust Spyware Encyclopedia - WinFixer 2005
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=45...

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Joe wrote:
> When opening up a page on the Internet just recently in
> the last two days I have been receiving an error message
> "Microsoft Internet Error - Win fix " which displays a
> page with no data on it and then I have tried a Systems
> Restore and it will not allow me to complete a systems
> restore and I have tried several different restore dates?
> Any help would be appreicated? Thanks!!!
September 5, 2005 10:37:03 PM

"Joe" wrote:

> When opening up a page on the Internet just recently in the last two days I
> have been receiving an error message "Microsoft Internet Error - Win fix "
> which displays a page with no data on it and then I have tried a Systems
> Restore and it will not allow me to complete a systems restore and I have
> tried several different restore dates? Any help would be appreicated?
> Thanks!!!
> --
> Joe
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 7:50:06 PM

here are winfixers phone numbers. the numbers are for billingnow.com.
they are all part of the same scam winsoftware which is winfixer. 800
755-5909. 202 904 2212 and 519 488 5191. they will ask you for name and
email DONT GIVE IT TO THEM

lets give them a dose of what they gave us