Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Known problems with i530 ?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
December 16, 2004 2:58:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

I'm on my 2nd one and I've got the same problem again. A couple of times a
day, the phone will reboot. It seems to lock up and then after a few minutes
it will power off and back on again. This is while not being used and just
sitting there. Neither phone has never been abused or in harsh environments.

The only common piece here is the smart card, but Nextel insists this couldn't
cause what I'm seeing.

They say there is no known bugs with the phone, so I'm asking if I'm the only
one experiencing this?

More about : problems i530

Anonymous
December 16, 2004 2:58:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

I have not heard of anyone complain about this but maybe someone will
comment. Check the idenphones.motorola.com website and see if there
are any software updates for that phone.


--
1badss
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://cellphoneforums.net
View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t160413.html
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 6:17:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:58:42 -0500, Mark <me@privacy.net> said in
alt.cellular.nextel:

>I'm on my 2nd one and I've got the same problem again. A couple of times a
>day, the phone will reboot. It seems to lock up and then after a few minutes
>it will power off and back on again. This is while not being used and just
>sitting there. Neither phone has never been abused or in harsh environments.

>The only common piece here is the smart card, but Nextel insists this couldn't
>cause what I'm seeing.

>They say there is no known bugs with the phone, so I'm asking if I'm the only
>one experiencing this?

Not that exactly, but I just returned one that wouldn't get service
even with strong signal. Put the SIM into another phone and it
worked.
Related resources
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 6:47:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Unfortunately, there is a common problem with the: i530, i730 and i830
series. All use same chip.

This annoying glitch is fully documented in many forums.

I have had six i530, four i730 and seven i830 failures. All of which have
been returned.

Moto has now supposedly addressed the issue by offering a software upgrade.

Although I finally settled for an i830 and upgraded the software on occasion
it will do "it's thing" and the only way to stop the rebooting is to remove
the battery and discharge the static within the body of the phone by holding
you thumb or finger across the contacts.

Good luck!

P.S. Otherwise, I am extremely pleased with these phones.
December 17, 2004 6:47:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:47:32 -0000, "twtwwtin" <twtwwtin@rogers.com> wrote:

>Unfortunately, there is a common problem with the: i530, i730 and i830
>series. All use same chip.
>
>This annoying glitch is fully documented in many forums.

Do you have some links to these forums?




>I have had six i530, four i730 and seven i830 failures. All of which have
>been returned.
>
>Moto has now supposedly addressed the issue by offering a software upgrade.
>
>Although I finally settled for an i830 and upgraded the software on occasion
>it will do "it's thing" and the only way to stop the rebooting is to remove
>the battery and discharge the static within the body of the phone by holding
>you thumb or finger across the contacts.
>
>Good luck!
>
>P.S. Otherwise, I am extremely pleased with these phones.
>
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 12:30:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

I had 2 i730s and ani 830 do the reboot thing.

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:47:32 -0000, "twtwwtin" <twtwwtin@rogers.com>
wrote:

>Unfortunately, there is a common problem with the: i530, i730 and i830
>series. All use same chip.
>
>This annoying glitch is fully documented in many forums.
>
>I have had six i530, four i730 and seven i830 failures. All of which have
>been returned.
>
>Moto has now supposedly addressed the issue by offering a software upgrade.
>
>Although I finally settled for an i830 and upgraded the software on occasion
>it will do "it's thing" and the only way to stop the rebooting is to remove
>the battery and discharge the static within the body of the phone by holding
>you thumb or finger across the contacts.
>
>Good luck!
>
>P.S. Otherwise, I am extremely pleased with these phones.
>
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 2:29:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

Here is link for the i730 fix..
http://www.webdingers.com/

Im looking at one of these on ebay for my son.
Can he take the smi card out of his old and put in the i730 and it work.
Anything I need to know about buying off ebay besides the risk of used
phone???
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 7:24:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:29:49 GMT, "Fatdaddy" <rave@usit.net> said in
alt.cellular.nextel:

>Here is link for the i730 fix..
>http://www.webdingers.com/

>Im looking at one of these on ebay for my son.
>Can he take the smi card out of his old and put in the i730 and it work.
>Anything I need to know about buying off ebay besides the risk of used
>phone???

A stolen phone.
A lost phone.
A damaged phone.

Get the IMEI and serial numbers before you buy. You can call Nextel
and check whether that phone can be activated. Put the numbers in
your email to the seller (PayPal?) so that you have some recourse if
the seller switches phones on you.

Many ebay sellers are honest - some aren't.
!