How do I stop explorer crashing when a dodgy video is in a..

If my view is set to thumnail for a folder and it contains a 'dodgy'
video, then my Explorer window always crashes.

How can I stop this?
It's really annoying.

It seems to occur when there is a video file that it cannot play
properly in the rubbish Windows Media player.

Thanks.

OM

See if disabling the thumbnail generation for video file helps. You can
entirely turn off the Preview generation for the video file, using this
command:

regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll

To regain the functionality back at a later stage, type:

regsvr32 shmedia.dll

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User