How do I stop explorer crashing when a dodgy video is in a..

If my view is set to thumnail for a folder and it contains a 'dodgy'
video, then my Explorer window always crashes.

How can I stop this?
It's really annoying.

It seems to occur when there is a video file that it cannot play
properly in the rubbish Windows Media player.

Thanks.

OM
1 answer Last reply
More about stop explorer crashing dodgy video

    See if disabling the thumbnail generation for video file helps. You can
    entirely turn off the Preview generation for the video file, using this
    command:

    regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll

    To regain the functionality back at a later stage, type:

    regsvr32 shmedia.dll

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > If my view is set to thumnail for a folder and it contains a 'dodgy'
    > video, then my Explorer window always crashes.
    >
    > How can I stop this?
    > It's really annoying.
    >
    > It seems to occur when there is a video file that it cannot play
    > properly in the rubbish Windows Media player.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > OM

Support Video Explorer Microsoft Windows XP