Helpmostimes

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2001
If that is the case,Then im haveing trouble installing my Brand new Cardexpert TI500 Golden Series card.I have an AZ11 mobo,And a few monthes back I tried installing A Newer card as in the Gainward in which i have now..I do all the stuff but when I reboot to install the drivers,Just after the windows screen,iget a steaked screen telling me About bios gardian and it locks up.Imsure i have to update my bios,but if any1 is familure with this MOBO,let me know..I really like it,its been problem free till these new cards.My Voodoo 5 has no trouble???any answers?

FatBurger

Illustrious
That motherboard has the KT133 chipset, so it might not support AGP 4x. Could be the problem.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
That motherboard has the KT133 chipset, so it might not support AGP 4x. Could be the problem.
As far as I know, all KT133-mobos supported AGP4X.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The KT133 boards support AGP 4X but are much more stable at AGP 2X. However, this wouldn't explaing POSTing problems. I would normally suspect a weak power supply but Helpmostimes was previously using a Voodoo5 (very power hungry) so I don't think this is his problem.

<b>We are all beta testers!</b>

Helpmostimes

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2001
Well i did a little homework by calling FIC,and they asked me If i installed The chipset divers before or after I installed my drives,or cards.Seems with Via 133 chipsets,After installing 98se,you have to install the Pro drivers from drivers disk(mobo) before you install any Card drivers.Seems if you install drivers before The chipset driver,It sets up what you have.If you install Chipset drivers before, you are building on them and not tring to take them over..Seems right since 2 cards Ive tried to install have not took.Also seems some of the new cards have not been tested on this bourd..Geuss im going to have to get a new 1!It seems also true,since i went from a voodoo3 to A voodoo5 without a glich..Another Note..With XP processors,this is not necessary.Since the all the chip set drivers are on the chip..Any Takers???