IE, Windows files problem

Im sorry the subject is not more descriptive - but I'm not sure how to
catagorize my problem.

my system specs:
Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6 sp1

I noticed a few days ago that any pages with javascript will not display on
IE - I checked all of my settings to make sure that nothing had become
disabled - no go.

today I noticed that the windows search, and Users panels open completely
blank - I also tried to do a repair from the os disk - but for some reason my
password will not work when asked for it( I am the only user on this computer)

at that point I became somewhat concerned and did some routine maintance on
my pC - defrag - disk check - no luck there -

than after spending a few hours searching google I found some other people
that had the same problem - there fix was to download and install the windows
script 5.6.

Great I had a working fix - or so I thought - after going to the download
center I discovered that not only the java script wasn't working - but
apparently my browser no longer prompts me to download and install activex
controls ie windows genuine validation control - so no script download for me.

HELP - this is the only fix that i have found for the issue in question - is
there any way I can validate a different way?..... The alternate provided
doesn't work as the hta file uses javascript - and simply loading the hta in
netscape and copying and pasting the destination URL does not work.

I have no issues about providing info to validate my version, like say my
CD-KEY but only if I can do so securely - and at this point I'm a bit
stumped.

Does anyone have any Idea what I can do from here ?

--
C:\DOS
C:\DOS RUN

    Sorry for the double post:
    I forgot to mention that the all of the version information shows up blank
    when you select Help->about internet explorer

    I also tried setting the regkeys IsInstalled value to 0 and reinstalling IE
    6 sp1 but it popped up and said I had a later version already installed.
    --
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS RUN

    In news:A29A2ED5-BD31-49C5-9934-3162D9BC7900@microsoft.com,
    GideonOmega <GideonOmega@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Sorry for the double post:
    > I forgot to mention that the all of the version information shows up
    > blank when you select Help->about internet explorer
    >
    > I also tried setting the regkeys IsInstalled value to 0 and
    > reinstalling IE 6 sp1 but it popped up and said I had a later version
    > already installed.
    >
    >> Im sorry the subject is not more descriptive - but I'm not sure how
    >> to catagorize my problem.
    >>
    >> my system specs:
    >> Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6 sp1
    >>
    >> I noticed a few days ago that any pages with javascript will not
    >> display on IE - I checked all of my settings to make sure that
    >> nothing had become disabled - no go.
    >>
    >> today I noticed that the windows search, and Users panels open
    >> completely blank - I also tried to do a repair from the os disk -
    >> but for some reason my password will not work when asked for it( I
    >> am the only user on this computer)
    >>
    >> at that point I became somewhat concerned and did some routine
    >> maintance on my pC - defrag - disk check - no luck there -
    >>
    >> than after spending a few hours searching google I found some other
    >> people that had the same problem - there fix was to download and
    >> install the windows script 5.6.
    >>
    >> Great I had a working fix - or so I thought - after going to the
    >> download center I discovered that not only the java script wasn't
    >> working - but apparently my browser no longer prompts me to download
    >> and install activex controls ie windows genuine validation control -
    >> so no script download for me.
    >>
    >> HELP - this is the only fix that i have found for the issue in
    >> question - is there any way I can validate a different way?.....
    >> The alternate provided doesn't work as the hta file uses javascript
    >> - and simply loading the hta in netscape and copying and pasting the
    >> destination URL does not work.
    >>
    >> I have no issues about providing info to validate my version, like
    >> say my CD-KEY but only if I can do so securely - and at this point
    >> I'm a bit stumped.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have any Idea what I can do from here ?
    >>

    >> --
    >> C:\DOS
    >> C:\DOS RUN
    >> RUN DOS RUN

    You don't need a password to do a repair installation...

    Repair Installation of XP :
    http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/xprepair.html

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes