Mouse

With my new Acer notebook Synaptics touchpad V5.8. The mouse speed keeps
resetting after speeding it up atouch. Why is this so?
Usually after hitting apply and ok, things generally stay like that for
good, even after reboot but not in this case.
I have a Logitech wireless mouse fitted aswell, but this doesn't appear to
be the problem as It still happens if I adjust the speed through that piece
of software aswell.

Regards,
Will.
2 answers Last reply
More about mouse

    In news:%23HQpr9msFHA.3404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Will <will@hotmail.com> had this to say:

    > With my new Acer notebook Synaptics touchpad V5.8. The mouse speed
    > keeps resetting after speeding it up atouch. Why is this so?
    > Usually after hitting apply and ok, things generally stay like that
    > for good, even after reboot but not in this case.
    > I have a Logitech wireless mouse fitted aswell, but this doesn't
    > appear to be the problem as It still happens if I adjust the speed
    > through that piece of software aswell.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Will.

    Have you checked the Acer site for updated drivers? Sometimes older drivers
    are accidentally included or newer bugs have been discovered since the
    release of the hardware to the vendor. I'd suggest starting there for
    updated drivers, if not then there's some options you can consider. Pointer
    precision, if available, has caused some odd bugs. Any enhancement features
    have caused some odd bugs as well, do away with what you won't be using.
    Finally, did this come with software all it's own? If so, is it installed
    and have you configured it from there or is it properly/nicely embedded
    right with the mouse properties in the control panel? Just so you can speed
    up your debugging process - WinKey + R > type "control mouse" > hit enter.
    <g> That might make your debugging a bit faster.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    The software came pre-installed. I have tried altering the mouse properties
    thro' control panel, but upon reboot they all reset. A bit of a nuisance
    really.
    I shall take your advice and checkout Acer's web-site and see if there's a
    fix.

    thank you Galen.

    Will.

    > In news:%23HQpr9msFHA.3404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    > Will <will@hotmail.com> had this to say:

    >> With my new Acer notebook Synaptics touchpad V5.8. The mouse speed
    >> keeps resetting after speeding it up atouch. Why is this so?
    >> Usually after hitting apply and ok, things generally stay like that
    >> for good, even after reboot but not in this case.
    >> I have a Logitech wireless mouse fitted aswell, but this doesn't
    >> appear to be the problem as It still happens if I adjust the speed
    >> through that piece of software aswell.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Will.
    >
    > Have you checked the Acer site for updated drivers? Sometimes older
    > drivers are accidentally included or newer bugs have been discovered since
    > the release of the hardware to the vendor. I'd suggest starting there for
    > updated drivers, if not then there's some options you can consider.
    > Pointer precision, if available, has caused some odd bugs. Any enhancement
    > features have caused some odd bugs as well, do away with what you won't be
    > using. Finally, did this come with software all it's own? If so, is it
    > installed and have you configured it from there or is it properly/nicely
    > embedded right with the mouse properties in the control panel? Just so you
    > can speed up your debugging process - WinKey + R > type "control mouse" >
    > hit enter. <g> That might make your debugging a bit faster.
    >
    > Galen
    > --
    >
    > "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained his
    > trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you will
    > come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after all."
    >
    > Sherlock Holmes

Mice Windows XP