Radeon 8500

G

Hi all well my first post here goes My brother has just purchased in the UK a radeon 8500 and spent the last week having driver issues in running games(MOH) we have tried them all in 98se or win xp pro like him I was looking at all the things said before he purchased and now I think we will go back to the tried and trusted Nvidia Cards.Its a shame because the benchmarks are good but lack drivers for games and 215.00 sterling for a card to sit & watch pretty benchmarks isnt much use.

Technology changes everday

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Lack of drivers? Are you serious? There are over a dozen drivers out there. I can't believe you're returning a card just because one bug. In about a week, it should be fixed.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

So Amd Man would you stick with 8500 or swap for the much talked about Geforce 4 mx.
I wasn't saying there isnt any drivers around to clarify the write drivers are required otherwise games wont run.

Technology changes everday

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
So Amd Man would you stick with 8500 or swap for the much talked about Geforce 4 mx.
Of course, go with the Radeon 8500. The GF4MX will be about half the performance of the R8500 in future games.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

rossyl

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2002
are you nuts...are you?

A GF4 MX...is really a GF MX forget the "4" part it means nothing.

The GF4 MX does not even support DX 8 which the GF3 cards do. GF3 beats the GF4 MX range hands down. And as for comparing a Radeon 8500 to a GF4 MX, thats ridiculous!!!

A GF4 MX is a supercharged GF2 MX...that is it!

"If you think too much, you get confused"

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
If you buy a GeForce 4 MX ill fly over to the UK and laugh in your face and "HAHA, Traded a Radeon 8500 for an MX!"
----

Try www.rage3d.com for the answer i havent played MOH to help ppl yet.

THGC, saving 1 pc user from buying a GeForce4 MX at a time.