Error loading Operating System

NEED HELP! I have a older Dell, that was given to me with the Dell Windows XP
Reinstallion CD. I am getting the error: "Error Loading Operating System". I
dont know what happened, but all of a sudden - it went down and came back
with that error? I think I caught a virus, but I have a laptop with no floppy
drive, so can anyone help? I can hit "escape" when the Dell logo comes up,
but dont know what to set everything as.

Sorry :( I suppose I am just confused. Appreciate any help!
1 answer Last reply
More about error loading operating system

    In news:C08D03DF-7DAB-40B7-899F-F04F59A63F00@microsoft.com,
    Jewels <Jewels@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > NEED HELP! I have a older Dell, that was given to me with the Dell
    > Windows XP Reinstallion CD. I am getting the error: "Error Loading
    > Operating System". I dont know what happened, but all of a sudden -
    > it went down and came back with that error? I think I caught a virus,
    > but I have a laptop with no floppy drive, so can anyone help? I can
    > hit "escape" when the Dell logo comes up, but dont know what to set
    > everything as.
    >
    > Sorry :( I suppose I am just confused. Appreciate any help!

    You should have a blue and white CD that says something about OS repair
    disk. With most Dell systems that come with this disk you can do a repair
    installation. For instructions on how to do this see below:

    Repair Installation of XP :
    http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/xprepair.html

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes