Your question

Quad (three) Display with ti500

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • PCI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 20, 2002 6:44:56 AM

I'm trying to install two PCI vid cards along side a ti500 nvidia card. I've tried a couple of different PCI cards and even a mobo or two to see if I can get three video cards to work.

At this point I have a Athlon xp +1800, with a ASUS A7V266-E with 1 gig ddr, ti500 nvidia AGP, one old diamond multimedia vidio PCI card (3Dfx Interactive Banshee). I tried two PCI nvidao mx200, mx400, and Hercules 4000xt card none would work correctly. Not sure why. The system now is using two video card and it seem pretty stable. I'm waiting for two ATI Radeon 7000 to see if they will work.

I thought I had it going on a SOYO Dragon Plus mobo but everytime I played CD music on another screen, the system would freeze up.

Has any had any luck trying to setup a PC with three displays??

More about : quad display ti500

February 20, 2002 4:58:11 PM

There is a PCI MX400 that has dual-display. The Radeon 8500 and 7500 both support dual-display. That would give you 4 displays using only your AGP port and one PCI slot. BTW, why is is an AGP <b>port</b> but a PCI <b>slot</b>?

Anyhow, I don't have a link to that dual-display PCI MX400, but I've heard it exists.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
February 20, 2002 7:02:53 PM

Try the matrox series.

Only if you let me see the Umpa Lumpa- Homer Simpson.
Related resources
February 20, 2002 8:29:14 PM

I believe that Windows can only handle 2 different Vid cards simultaniously. Try one card with extra outs built in.

This is a non-smoking forum.
If your computer is smoking, please extinguish it immediately.
February 20, 2002 9:31:43 PM

Oh, and by the way...quad means 4. Tri would be 3.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
February 20, 2002 9:56:07 PM

Because AGP has it's own bus, that's why it's a port =p.

!