Dell 4550 ati 9700tx video twin display

I have dell 4550 system with ati 9700tx card,i would like to set this up for
twin display,i think my card may support twin display but im not sure what
i need and if i need to download any latest drivers to support this,any
help most welcome,im going to try and connect to a projector for main video
display while a second monitor can organise the format/content to be
projected

ferg

remove nospam to reply

More about dell 4550 9700tx video twin display

    ferg,

    I don't know the 9700, but the 9800 does support it. The big question --
    how many monitor connectors are there? If there are two, you're set. If
    one, you're not.

    I'd download the latest drivers from ATI.

    Tom
    "ferg" <winzip51nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have dell 4550 system with ati 9700tx card,i would like to set this up
    >for twin display,i think my card may support twin display but im not sure
    >what i need and if i need to download any latest drivers to support
    >this,any help most welcome,im going to try and connect to a projector for
    >main video display while a second monitor can organise the format/content
    >to be projected
    >
    > ferg
    >
    > remove nospam to reply

    No that I read that, are you sure it is not a 9800tx? I don't remember a TX
    version of the 9700. If it is the 9800, then yes, it does.

    Tom
    "ferg" <winzip51nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have dell 4550 system with ati 9700tx card,i would like to set this up
    >for twin display,i think my card may support twin display but im not sure
    >what i need and if i need to download any latest drivers to support
    >this,any help most welcome,im going to try and connect to a projector for
    >main video display while a second monitor can organise the format/content
    >to be projected
    >
    > ferg
    >
    > remove nospam to reply

    On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 10:48:59 +0100, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, "ferg"
    <winzip51nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I have dell 4550 system with ati 9700tx card,i would like to set this up for
    >twin display,i think my card may support twin display but im not sure what
    >i need and if i need to download any latest drivers to support this,any
    >help most welcome,im going to try and connect to a projector for main video
    >display while a second monitor can organise the format/content to be
    >projected

    The ATI 9700 Pro supports two displays (that's what I had in my old
    computer), but I don't know about the tx version.

    Might take a look on ATI's web site and see what you can find there:
    <http://www.ati.com/>.

    --
    Nick <mailto:tanstaafl@pobox.com>

    >> The ATI 9700 Pro supports two displays (that's what I had in my old
    > computer), but I don't know about the tx version.
    >
    > Might take a look on ATI's web site and see what you can find there:
    > <http://www.ati.com/>.
    >
    > --
    > Nick <mailto:tanstaafl@pobox.com>

    its a 128 DDR ATI Radeon 9700 TX ,no info on dell or ATI website,im nearly
    sure it has TVout
    shows up in control panel as Radeon 9500 pro/9700 although on dell invoice
    it says Radeon 9700TX
    i guess i need to buy some sort of adaptor to get hooked up to 2 displays

    ferg

    remove nospam to reply

Dell ATI Computers Displays