Driver for modem installed

jkrocker1

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Hello,
I had just installed a pci-e fax modem into my new computer to send and receive faxes. My computer system is a HP pavillion w/ i7 dual,O.S. is windows7,64 bit professional. I only had 1 pci slot which was being used, so I had to go the pci-e route. My proplem is that I can't seem to get my computer to wake on ring to receive. Does anyone have any answers to my problem?

jkrocker1

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
??? Modem is from - Zoom model 3035 PCI-express V.92/V.90 56K Fax Modem. This is installed into an HP pavillion elite model e9250t. Processor is Intel Core i7-860 My O.S. is windows7 professional 64 bit. Modem works great as long as my co0mputer is awake. I need it to wake on ring to receive faxes. I've looked into power management for the pci-e. Nothing there to help! Not sure where else to look. I've call HP and got a tech who didn't know anything about modems. It seems as though no one else did either.

jkrocker1

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010

Yeah, I looked into BIOS, but I didn't see anything pertaining to "setting wake" or anything like it. Thanks, would have been a good place to look though.