Driver for modem installed

Hello,
I had just installed a pci-e fax modem into my new computer to send and receive faxes. My computer system is a HP pavillion w/ i7 dual,O.S. is windows7,64 bit professional. I only had 1 pci slot which was being used, so I had to go the pci-e route. My proplem is that I can't seem to get my computer to wake on ring to receive. Does anyone have any answers to my problem?
7 answers Last reply
More about driver modem installed
  1. Their are both windows and BIOS setting for wake up from device.
  2. ??? Modem is from - Zoom model 3035 PCI-express V.92/V.90 56K Fax Modem. This is installed into an HP pavillion elite model e9250t. Processor is Intel Core i7-860 My O.S. is windows7 professional 64 bit. Modem works great as long as my co0mputer is awake. I need it to wake on ring to receive faxes. I've looked into power management for the pci-e. Nothing there to help! Not sure where else to look. I've call HP and got a tech who didn't know anything about modems. It seems as though no one else did either.
  3. Don't double post please.
  4. hang-the-9 said:
    Don't double post please.

So do you know the answer to my problem?
    What are you referring to "double post"?
  5. have you gone into your bios and set wake from dev?
  6. anonymous1 said:
    have you gone into your bios and set wake from dev?

Yeah, I looked into BIOS, but I didn't see anything pertaining to "setting wake" or anything like it. Thanks, would have been a good place to look though.
  7. jkrocker1 said:
    So do you know the answer to my problem?
    What are you referring to "double post"?

You started another post about the same issue.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Computers Modem PCI Express Windows 7