Blue screen error message and crash upon return from stand..

All too often, when I bring my computer back up from standby mode, I get the
following error message on the blue-screen: "invalid_queue_work_item" and my
computer crashes and restarts.

Any idea why this is happening and what I can do about it? Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about blue screen error message crash return stand

    Hi Shappy0869,

    To determine what driver is causing the problem I need you to enable driver
    verifier.
    Steps:
    1) Windows Key + R
    2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
    3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
    4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
    5) Reboot

    There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this
    occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select
    the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose
    'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any
    driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

    This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but
    will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash
    the blue screen will hopefully say something like
    "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". If this occurs please send the
    corresponding minidump (by default it is at c:\windows\Minidump ) my way.
    If you have any questions or I didn't explain something well enough don't
    hesitate to e-mail me (remove "online") back. Good Luck,

    Joshua Smith
    OpenGL Test Lab
    Microsoft
    -----

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

    "shappy0869" <shappy0869@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > All too often, when I bring my computer back up from standby mode, I get
    > the
    > following error message on the blue-screen: "invalid_queue_work_item" and
    > my
    > computer crashes and restarts.
    >
    > Any idea why this is happening and what I can do about it? Thanks!

    Josh,

    Thanks for responding.

    I will try your suggestion if I crash again, but after doing a bit of
    research, I think the problem might be a CD I had in my drive. It was the
    software CD for the BlackBerry 7100t I just got last week. I had left it in
    the drive until now, but have since removed.

    I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again!

    "Joshua Smith [MSFT]" wrote:

    > Hi Shappy0869,
    >
    > To determine what driver is causing the problem I need you to enable driver
    > verifier.
    > Steps:
    > 1) Windows Key + R
    > 2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
    > 3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
    > 4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
    > 5) Reboot
    >
    > There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this
    > occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select
    > the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose
    > 'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any
    > driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.
    >
    > This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but
    > will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash
    > the blue screen will hopefully say something like
    > "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". If this occurs please send the
    > corresponding minidump (by default it is at c:\windows\Minidump ) my way.
    > If you have any questions or I didn't explain something well enough don't
    > hesitate to e-mail me (remove "online") back. Good Luck,
    >

    > Joshua Smith
    > OpenGL Test Lab
    > Microsoft
    > -----

    > "shappy0869" <shappy0869@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > All too often, when I bring my computer back up from standby mode, I get
    > > the
    > > following error message on the blue-screen: "invalid_queue_work_item" and
    > > my
    > > computer crashes and restarts.
    > >
    > > Any idea why this is happening and what I can do about it? Thanks!

Blue Screen Error Message Computers Windows XP