Please help me with error.

I have Windows XP and every time I log on to my desktop, the first
thing that pops up is an error box. This is what it says:
RUNDLL_______________________________________________

Error loading C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~1.DLL
The specified module could not be found.

OK

I would really appreciate it if u could help me with my problem, thank
you.

If you need to contact me for any reason you can e-mail me at
maximum6500@yahoo.com.
17 answers Last reply
More about please error

    maximum6500@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I have Windows XP and every time I log on to my desktop, the first
    > thing that pops up is an error box. This is what it says:
    > RUNDLL_______________________________________________
    >
    > Error loading C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~1.DLL
    > The specified module could not be found.
    >
    > OK
    >
    > I would really appreciate it if u could help me with my problem, thank
    > you.
    >
    > If you need to contact me for any reason you can e-mail me at
    > maximum6500@yahoo.com.

    MVP Sandi has all of the information for resolving problems with this malicious software.

    New.Net software:
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/newnet.htm

    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    New.Dotnet can be tricky to get rid of. Follow the these directions to
    remove it. Download, install, update and run all of the following.

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

    Ewido Security Suite Trial version

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
    I can analyze it. Ignore anyone especially the troll Leythos, who will tag
    along a nonsense post to this message, who tells you to post it elsewhere. I
    need to see it not them.

    HijackThis

    If you lose your internet connection then download and run Winsock fix to
    repair it.
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/WinsockxpFix.zip

    The authors of the above programs, with the exception of Microsoft has given
    the owner of pcbutts1.com express written permission to redistribute their
    software.

    In article <IS7Te.559$JN5.295@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com says...
    > New.Dotnet can be tricky to get rid of. Follow the these directions to
    > remove it. Download, install, update and run all of the following.

    Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    of non-vendor site (such as a personal website hosting files) you have no
    guarantee that the files are unmodified or uncompromised. Anyone
    providing a link to a non-vendors site with a direct download should not be
    trusted, the vendors sites are the safest place to download their
    application.

    Also, do not post your log files here - there are HiJack groups for just
    that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for looking
    at them.

    Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    AdAwareSE can be found here:

    SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

    Ewido Security Suite Trial can be found here:
    http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

    You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
    from here:
    http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

    Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
    http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

    These are the actual vendors sites, not some unknown or authorized no-
    name site. They also don't artificially increase the hits for sites that
    get paid for the amount of traffic they can generate like one poster has
    admitted to in this group.

    When running these application, install them, update them, then reboot
    in SAFE MODE and run them again to get even more things.

    If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:

    Only download files from Trusted Sites.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    Stop Stalking me. Stop replying to my post. You are a stalker. Stop Stalking
    me you cyberstalker

    > In article <IS7Te.559$JN5.295@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
    > @seedsv.com says...
    >> New.Dotnet can be tricky to get rid of. Follow the these directions to
    >> remove it. Download, install, update and run all of the following.
    >
    > Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    > of non-vendor site (such as a personal website hosting files) you have no
    > guarantee that the files are unmodified or uncompromised. Anyone
    > providing a link to a non-vendors site with a direct download should not
    > be
    > trusted, the vendors sites are the safest place to download their
    > application.
    >
    > Also, do not post your log files here - there are HiJack groups for just
    > that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for looking
    > at them.
    >
    > Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.
    >
    > AdAwareSE can be found here:
    > http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/
    >
    > SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:
    > http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
    >
    > Ewido Security Suite Trial can be found here:
    > http://www.ewido.net/en/download/
    >
    > You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
    > from here:
    > http://www.symantec.com/downloads/
    >
    > Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
    > http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/
    >
    > These are the actual vendors sites, not some unknown or authorized no-
    > name site. They also don't artificially increase the hits for sites that
    > get paid for the amount of traffic they can generate like one poster has
    > admitted to in this group.
    >
    > When running these application, install them, update them, then reboot
    > in SAFE MODE and run them again to get even more things.
    >
    > If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:
    >
    > Only download files from Trusted Sites.
    >

    > --
    >
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me

    In article <IS7Te.559$JN5.295@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com says...
    > The authors of the above programs, with the exception of Microsoft has given
    > the owner of pcbutts1.com express written permission to redistribute their
    > software.

    You've not proven that - and they seem to indicate they don't know of
    you or your improperly hosted files.

    --

    > In article <IS7Te.559$JN5.295@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
    > @seedsv.com says...
    >> The authors of the above programs, with the exception of Microsoft has
    >> given
    >> the owner of pcbutts1.com express written permission to redistribute
    >> their
    >> software.
    >
    > You've not proven that - and they seem to indicate they don't know of
    > you or your improperly hosted files.
    >
    > --
    >
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me

    Where is that "express written permission to redistribute" posted? I
    haven't seen it even though you claim to have posted it. As Leythos stated,
    the authors don't seem to know anything about it.

    NEVER download files from someone you don't know. ALWAYS download from the
    author's website.

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> wrote in message
    > Stop Stalking me. Stop replying to my post. You are a stalker. Stop
    > Stalking
    > me you cyberstalker

    > "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
    >> In article <IS7Te.559$JN5.295@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
    >> @seedsv.com says...
    >>> The authors of the above programs, with the exception of Microsoft has
    >>> given
    >>> the owner of pcbutts1.com express written permission to redistribute
    >>> their
    >>> software.
    >>
    >> You've not proven that - and they seem to indicate they don't know of
    >> you or your improperly hosted files.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> spam999free@rrohio.com
    >> remove 999 in order to email me

    >Stop Stalking me. Stop replying to my post. You are a stalker. Stop
    Stalking
    >me you cyberstalker.

    You are starting to sound like either a child who is losing control or
    someone in serious need of counseling. Why don't you just go away?
    And you say that you work for the Government? No wonder the U.S. is falling
    apart.

    http://www.healthyplace.com/

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Stop Stalking me. Stop replying to my post. You are a stalker. Stop
    > Stalking me you cyberstalker
    >

    > "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
    >> In article <IS7Te.559$JN5.295@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
    >> @seedsv.com says...
    >>> The authors of the above programs, with the exception of Microsoft
    >>> has given
    >>> the owner of pcbutts1.com express written permission to redistribute
    >>> their
    >>> software.
    >>
    >> You've not proven that - and they seem to indicate they don't know of
    >> you or your improperly hosted files.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> spam999free@rrohio.com
    >> remove 999 in order to email me

    It's prelude to a lawsuit. I have to at least make an attempt to get him to
    stop and have it documented.

    In article <qsnTe.1220$LZ6.980@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com says...
    > It's prelude to a lawsuit. I have to at least make an attempt to get him to
    > stop and have it documented.

    You can't prove something that isn't happening - give it up.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    In article <qsnTe.1220$LZ6.980@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com says...
    > It's prelude to a lawsuit. I have to at least make an attempt to get him to
    > stop and have it documented.

    Just thought that was pretty funny - since I work with the local law
    enforcement people on Usenet related issues concerning technology and
    how things are done in Usenet specifically.

    Now, if you want to prove your case, you would have to document that I'm
    stating things that are false, things that are slanderous, and any
    number of other issues - and you can't since I've not done any of those
    things. Oh, and your anonymous postings work against you in proving
    anything - since you've never identified yourself you don't really
    exist.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Stop stalking me.

    > In article <qsnTe.1220$LZ6.980@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
    > @seedsv.com says...
    >> It's prelude to a lawsuit. I have to at least make an attempt to get him
    >> stop and have it documented.
    >
    > You can't prove something that isn't happening - give it up.
    >
    > --
    >
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me
  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Stop stalking me.

    > In article <qsnTe.1220$LZ6.980@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
    > @seedsv.com says...
    >> It's prelude to a lawsuit. I have to at least make an attempt to get him
    >> stop and have it documented.
    >
    > Just thought that was pretty funny - since I work with the local law
    > enforcement people on Usenet related issues concerning technology and
    > how things are done in Usenet specifically.
    >
    > Now, if you want to prove your case, you would have to document that I'm
    > stating things that are false, things that are slanderous, and any
    > number of other issues - and you can't since I've not done any of those
    > things. Oh, and your anonymous postings work against you in proving
    > anything - since you've never identified yourself you don't really
    > exist.
    >
    > --
    >
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me
  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Please post the "express written permission to redistribute" and your
    licenses that you said were posted at
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/license.htm.

    > Stop stalking me.

    > "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
    >> In article <qsnTe.1220$LZ6.980@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
    >> @seedsv.com says...
    >>> It's prelude to a lawsuit. I have to at least make an attempt to get him
    >>> stop and have it documented.
    >>
    >> Just thought that was pretty funny - since I work with the local law
    >> enforcement people on Usenet related issues concerning technology and
    >> how things are done in Usenet specifically.
    >>
    >> Now, if you want to prove your case, you would have to document that I'm
    >> stating things that are false, things that are slanderous, and any
    >> number of other issues - and you can't since I've not done any of those
    >> things. Oh, and your anonymous postings work against you in proving
    >> anything - since you've never identified yourself you don't really
    >> exist.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> spam999free@rrohio.com
    >> remove 999 in order to email me

  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    In article <egqTe.64501$Wb4.486573@twister.southeast.rr.com>,
    SENDNOMAIL@hotmail.com says...
    > Please post the "express written permission to redistribute" and your
    > licenses that you said were posted at
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/license.htm.

    He won't, but when the vendors see the page that he posted above, they
    will never allow him to host their products if there ever were allowing
    it.

    The SBS&D people and the Adaware people have said that they were unaware
    of his hosting, that their legal departments are reviewing it.

    And the ISP and hosting company show this as a clear violation - the
    license site.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  16. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Yeah...I know. His domain is owned by Digital Security Video, 2460 N. Lake
    Ave PMB #104, Altadena, CA. The PMB designator is for Personal Mail Box.
    It's a mail drop like the UPS Store mailboxes. That's the address for the
    "Corporate Headquarters". Sighhhh!

    > In article <egqTe.64501$Wb4.486573@twister.southeast.rr.com>,
    > SENDNOMAIL@hotmail.com says...
    >> Please post the "express written permission to redistribute" and your
    >> licenses that you said were posted at
    >> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/license.htm.
    >
    > He won't, but when the vendors see the page that he posted above, they
    > will never allow him to host their products if there ever were allowing
    > it.
    >
    > The SBS&D people and the Adaware people have said that they were unaware
    > of his hosting, that their legal departments are reviewing it.
    >
    > And the ISP and hosting company show this as a clear violation - the
    > license site.
    >
    > --
    >
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me
  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    In article <amvTe.66018$Wb4.518196@twister.southeast.rr.com>,
    SENDNOMAIL@hotmail.com says...
    > Yeah...I know. His domain is owned by Digital Security Video, 2460 N. Lake
    > Ave PMB #104, Altadena, CA. The PMB designator is for Personal Mail Box.
    > It's a mail drop like the UPS Store mailboxes. That's the address for the
    > "Corporate Headquarters". Sighhhh!

    Not to mention that he's violating the groups charter:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=newswhelp

    He's violating "Chat Rules" 1, 5, 6 and he wants us to ignore it when we
    call him to task for advising people about the last rule concerning "You
    are responsible for protecting your computer against interference or
    viruses that may be encountered on the Internet and Microsoft Community
    Chats."

    Since MS started these groups, that makes them responsible for the
    groups charter, which is what most ISP's use as a basis for abuse
    determination.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me