sp2 folders on C drive

There are 5 folders named with several random letters & numbers on C drive.
Each of the 5 folders has a sp2 sub-folder. I assume that these folders were
created for the installation of sp2. Do these folders need to remain on C
drive, or can I delete them?
1 answer Last reply
More about folders drive

    Greg;
    Reboot the computer, are they still there?
    A long string of characters for the name?
    Thos may be safely deleted.
    Or if you choose to be extra cautious:
    Cut and Paste them to another location.
    If the computer continues to run properly, delete them.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "Greg" <oliva1@cox.net> wrote in message
    > There are 5 folders named with several random letters & numbers on C
    > drive. Each of the 5 folders has a sp2 sub-folder. I assume that these
    > folders were created for the installation of sp2. Do these folders need to
    > remain on C drive, or can I delete them?

Support Microsoft Windows XP