Files missing after deleting a user HELP!

I deleteted a limited user from my computer and I had files saved under my
administration username. The computer then took away the administration
username I had saved files under there and now it says all users. My files
are gone, how do I get them back?
2 answers Last reply
More about files missing deleting user help

    Hi Eva,

    Make sure not to use the disk in question. Just booting in and moving
    around in windows can destroy files because of swap disk activity.

    Create a book disk form another computer or attach your drive to
    another computer to run recovery software. You might need to buy
    another hard drive to copy your files over if you have a lot.

    A lot of people claim good results with NTFS Reader (and it's free) so
    you might want to start there. Here's some screen shots of various
    freeware data recovery apps:

    http://free-backup.info/data-recovery-software.htm

    Good luck!

    In news:1EC2F146-6146-4D38-ABC0-FB8984157CD8@microsoft.com,
    Eva <Eva@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > I deleteted a limited user from my computer and I had files saved
    > under my administration username. The computer then took away the
    > administration username I had saved files under there and now it says
    > all users. My files are gone, how do I get them back?

    Assuming you don't want to pay for expensive restoration (with limited
    chance of success) you might try something here that fits your needs:

    Data Recovery Tools:
    http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/fwdatarecovery.html

    Other than downloading and installing the above that's all I'd recommend
    doing with your drive until you've scanned and [hopefully] recovered your
    deleted files.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP