Red X under Quicken 2006 under normal login

September 6, 2005 1:15:04 AM

Installed Quicken Delux 2006, it now allows saving an image in any std format
with the Check register entry.. I dwnlod the image , open and view it fine in
IE 6+ and FireFox and MS Paint as a normal .jpg. it copies and resaves the
file but then unless it's a .pdf the image fails to render as anythg but a
small red x in Quicken. I trued MANY different things.. the only thing that
works so far is to create a new account with admin rights , reinstall Quicken
and when used from that login the .jpg . bmp, gif images can be viewed from
Quicken's IE browser just fine.. I set all to IE Default values , load the
latest browser version , login to my normal login account .. and the problem
comes right back? Quicken says they can't fixit it's a Windows XP Home
issue.. can you help?
--
Regards, JimS
September 6, 2005 4:23:28 AM

In news:3DB60DF1-479E-460A-ACD5-36D2AC189A1F@microsoft.com,
JimS <JimS@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Installed Quicken Delux 2006, it now allows saving an image in any
> std format with the Check register entry.. I dwnlod the image , open
> and view it fine in IE 6+ and FireFox and MS Paint as a normal .jpg.
> it copies and resaves the file but then unless it's a .pdf the image
> fails to render as anythg but a small red x in Quicken. I trued MANY
> different things.. the only thing that works so far is to create a
> new account with admin rights , reinstall Quicken and when used from
> that login the .jpg . bmp, gif images can be viewed from Quicken's
> IE browser just fine.. I set all to IE Default values , load the
> latest browser version , login to my normal login account .. and the
> problem comes right back? Quicken says they can't fixit it's a
> Windows XP Home issue.. can you help?

Jim, I honestly don't use Quicken nor do I know what the problem is but I'd
try opening IE, clicking on tools, options, advanced, scrolling down, and
from there I'd find and tick the option to "Allow active content to run
files on My Computer." That may enable you to view these things.
Unfortunately it also allows potentially bad scripting to execute locally.
After you've used it then you might consider unticking the option if that's
effective for you.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 9:20:34 PM

Galen,
thanks much for trying to help me .. i did as you suggest below but that
did not fixit..(so I turned run Active Content back off) I can still see the
images only if I login under a new account will all it's defaults set .. but
the problem is I'd have to logout of my normal account (or my wife's which by
the ay is also unable to display the images) and l start using and updating
this account just to do Quicken
Regards, JimS
I guess I need to try to dicsern what is differnt between a newly created
login acct and one that apears to work on all else but is obviously
different. The files same images display fine if i use IE or FireFox or what
ever outside of Quicken, but as it attempd to render using IE from within..
(unless it's a .pdf) it won't display. I think I will try it with Adobe 7.0.1
uninstalled next.. Prob is Quicken folks say it's a WinXP problem so i may be
unable to resolve unless some one else has a tip.. I wish I could Uninstall
then re-install IE and it's SP2 patches.. is there a way to do that??

----------

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:3DB60DF1-479E-460A-ACD5-36D2AC189A1F@microsoft.com,
> JimS <JimS@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > Installed Quicken Delux 2006, it now allows saving an image in any
> > std format with the Check register entry.. I dwnlod the image , open
> > and view it fine in IE 6+ and FireFox and MS Paint as a normal .jpg.
> > it copies and resaves the file but then unless it's a .pdf the image
> > fails to render as anythg but a small red x in Quicken. I trued MANY
> > different things.. the only thing that works so far is to create a
> > new account with admin rights , reinstall Quicken and when used from
> > that login the .jpg . bmp, gif images can be viewed from Quicken's
> > IE browser just fine.. I set all to IE Default values , load the
> > latest browser version , login to my normal login account .. and the
> > problem comes right back? Quicken says they can't fixit it's a
> > Windows XP Home issue.. can you help?
>
> Jim, I honestly don't use Quicken nor do I know what the problem is but I'd
> try opening IE, clicking on tools, options, advanced, scrolling down, and
> from there I'd find and tick the option to "Allow active content to run
> files on My Computer." That may enable you to view these things.
> Unfortunately it also allows potentially bad scripting to execute locally.
> After you've used it then you might consider unticking the option if that's
> effective for you.
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained his
> trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you will
> come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after all."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

September 7, 2005 11:38:18 AM

In news:336D5C74-CF50-470A-AE80-02111988525C@microsoft.com,
> [...]

>>> problem comes right back? Quicken says they can't fixit it's a
>>> Windows XP Home issue.. can you help?
>>
>> Jim, I honestly don't use Quicken nor do I know what the problem is
>> but I'd try opening IE, clicking on tools, options, advanced,
>> scrolling down, and from there I'd find and tick the option to
>> "Allow active content to run files on My Computer." That may enable
>> you to view these things. Unfortunately it also allows potentially
>> bad scripting to execute locally. After you've used it then you
>> might consider unticking the option if that's effective for you.
>>
>> Galen
>> --
>>
>> "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained
>> his trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you
>> will
>> come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after

Sure is, IE/OE are easily uninstalled and repaired, etc.

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in ... :

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
!