Idiotic problem with Dell P1130 monitor

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b C Monitor
July 5, 2005 11:29:47 AM

Hello,

I use this monitor at work, and it's very nice, but unfortunately the
front panel controls are all locked. A key symbol appears on screen
when I try to use them. I gather from the online manual that I'm meant
to be able to unlock them by pressing the menu button, but that's
locked as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 5, 2005 11:51:15 PM

If you can't access the OSD (On Screen Display) to get to the Option or
Reset menus, you are screwed. Did your IT department lock the monitors so
you couldn't mess with them? Grab your IT guy and have him unlock the
thing.

<almightygod@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I use this monitor at work, and it's very nice, but unfortunately the
> front panel controls are all locked. A key symbol appears on screen
> when I try to use them. I gather from the online manual that I'm meant
> to be able to unlock them by pressing the menu button, but that's
> locked as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 6, 2005 2:31:57 AM

<almightygod@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I use this monitor at work, and it's very nice, but unfortunately the
> front panel controls are all locked. A key symbol appears on screen
> when I try to use them. I gather from the online manual that I'm meant
> to be able to unlock them by pressing the menu button, but that's
> locked as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Scroll about 3/4 down the page for the specific unlock instructions:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/p1130/en...

hth

Stew
a b C Monitor
July 6, 2005 12:02:08 PM

The OP is not able to access the On Screen Display (OSD) to make the
necessary changes.

> <almightygod@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I use this monitor at work, and it's very nice, but unfortunately the
> > front panel controls are all locked. A key symbol appears on screen
> > when I try to use them. I gather from the online manual that I'm meant
> > to be able to unlock them by pressing the menu button, but that's
> > locked as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> >

> Scroll about 3/4 down the page for the specific unlock instructions:
>
> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/p1130/en...
>

> hth
>
> Stew

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 6, 2005 3:07:44 PM

"Kevin" <webman6@hot4mail.com> wrote in message
> The OP is not able to access the On Screen Display (OSD) to make the
> necessary changes.

The it would appear he's farked. The manual shows a 2-key unlock
combination it appeared, rather than just pressing the menu button...

Stew
!