Idiotic problem with Dell P1130 monitor

Hello,

I use this monitor at work, and it's very nice, but unfortunately the
front panel controls are all locked. A key symbol appears on screen
when I try to use them. I gather from the online manual that I'm meant
to be able to unlock them by pressing the menu button, but that's
locked as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about idiotic problem dell p1130 monitor

    If you can't access the OSD (On Screen Display) to get to the Option or
    Reset menus, you are screwed. Did your IT department lock the monitors so
    you couldn't mess with them? Grab your IT guy and have him unlock the
    thing.

    <almightygod@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I use this monitor at work, and it's very nice, but unfortunately the
    > front panel controls are all locked. A key symbol appears on screen
    > when I try to use them. I gather from the online manual that I'm meant
    > to be able to unlock them by pressing the menu button, but that's
    > locked as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    <almightygod@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I use this monitor at work, and it's very nice, but unfortunately the
    > front panel controls are all locked. A key symbol appears on screen
    > when I try to use them. I gather from the online manual that I'm meant
    > to be able to unlock them by pressing the menu button, but that's
    > locked as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Scroll about 3/4 down the page for the specific unlock instructions:

    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/p1130/english/controls.htm

    hth

    Stew

    The OP is not able to access the On Screen Display (OSD) to make the
    necessary changes.

    "Kevin" <webman6@hot4mail.com> wrote in message
    > The OP is not able to access the On Screen Display (OSD) to make the
    > necessary changes.

    The it would appear he's farked. The manual shows a 2-key unlock
    combination it appeared, rather than just pressing the menu button...

    Stew

Dell Monitors Computers