Need help installing Shockwave and Flash

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.multimedia,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

When I try to install the new versions of Shockwave and Flash I get the
following message.

You do not have access to make the required system configuration
modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators
account.

I am running the home version of Windows XP and have full right. I also
have had this problem with PhotoParade. What can I do to get them
installed?

Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.multimedia,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Log on to Windows /as/ Administrator, not with Admin privileges.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

william.benamati wrote:
> When I try to install the new versions of Shockwave and Flash I get the
> following message.
>
> You do not have access to make the required system configuration
> modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators
> account.
>
> I am running the home version of Windows XP and have full right. I also
> have had this problem with PhotoParade. What can I do to get them
> installed?
>

> Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.multimedia,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

And how is that done if we are using Fast User Switching?

--
George Hester
_________________________________
> Log on to Windows /as/ Administrator, not with Admin privileges.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
>
> william.benamati wrote:
> > When I try to install the new versions of Shockwave and Flash I get the
> > following message.
> >
> > You do not have access to make the required system configuration
> > modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators
> > account.
> >
> > I am running the home version of Windows XP and have full right. I also
> > have had this problem with PhotoParade. What can I do to get them
> > installed?
> >

> > Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.multimedia,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I tried loging in as Administrator and it still gives me the same error.

"George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> And how is that done if we are using Fast User Switching?
>
> --
> George Hester
> _________________________________
>> Log on to Windows /as/ Administrator, not with Admin privileges.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
>>
>> william.benamati wrote:
>> > When I try to install the new versions of Shockwave and Flash I get the
>> > following message.
>> >
>> > You do not have access to make the required system configuration
>> > modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators
>> > account.
>> >
>> > I am running the home version of Windows XP and have full right. I
>> > also
>> > have had this problem with PhotoParade. What can I do to get them
>> > installed?
>> >

>> > Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.multimedia,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I have found out what I don't have permission to My
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shockwave

And

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ShockwaveFlash

Any Ideas?

"william.benamati" <t@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I try to install the new versions of Shockwave and Flash I get the
> following message.
>
> You do not have access to make the required system configuration
> modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators
> account.
>
> I am running the home version of Windows XP and have full right. I also
> have had this problem with PhotoParade. What can I do to get them
> installed?
>

> Thanks

David

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.multimedia,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Do you have SpywareBlaster Flash Killer set? That was my problem.

David

>I have found out what I don't have permission to My
>Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Shockwave
>
> And
>
> Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ShockwaveFlash
>

> Any Ideas?
>

> "william.benamati" <t@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> When I try to install the new versions of Shockwave and Flash I get the
>> following message.
>>
>> You do not have access to make the required system configuration
>> modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators
>> account.
>>
>> I am running the home version of Windows XP and have full right. I also
>> have had this problem with PhotoParade. What can I do to get them
>> installed?
>>

>> Thanks

Sounds silly but i had this problem, i set up a new user account with
admin rights and tried it again and hey presto it worked fine.

--
simonbrock

David wrote:
> Do you have SpywareBlaster Flash Killer set? That was my problem.
>
> David

This is a good point. This is also why even Microsoft's own technical
support recommend diabling your antivirus, spyware, and firewall, while
installing programs. If you're using an older (Windows 9x/ME) version
of Windows, it's recommended that you use MSCONFIG, and disable the
like Safe-mode but still different). I haven't tried this on Windows
XP, but I do know that you can't install anything in Safe Mode. So,
this method may work.

--
Patrick Dickey <pd1ckey43@removethis.msn.com>
http://www.pats-computer-solutions.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.multimedia,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I tried all that and still can't install it.

I don't even have right to edit it using REGEDIT.

but thanks for all the ideas

Wil