Geforce 2 ti and mechwarrior 4

G

Howdy all. Well I recently upgraded my system, with an athlon 1600 on an ABIT KR7A motherboard, with a geforce2 ti 64mb vid card. WEll the problem is, is that when I run mechwarrior 4, at the menu screen there are large textures that flash on and off all over the screen. It gets to the point where i cannot even navigate through the menu. When I acutally manage to get into a game, boy, it gets even crazier. I am running win2k for the operating system, and I have not overclocked my vidcard. If anybody can help me with this problem I would truely appreciate it. I am tempted to pop my matrox g400 back in until I can figure this problem out.

Thanks a bunch

G

Did you try updating to the latest drivers?
If so, and i won't work again. Go to the mechwarrior 4 site if there's one and contact the makers of the game and mail them the problem.And maybe they have bug solves for new vids carts, like the GeForce 2 Titanium.

But one question:
-Why buy the GeForce2 Ti and not the ATI Radeon 7500???
The R7500 is a litlle expensiver, but much better!!
Like better DVD playback!

G

Thnx for the reply. I have updated to the latest drivers, and I will probably try to contact one of the devs at Microsoft to see if they have a fix for the problem. Only problem is, it will probably take a while to get a reply. heh. I go the Geforce 2, simply because i havn't had much luck with the ATI cards. Plus, my vid card is primarily going to be used to 3d modeling.

buddha