Can not see others on my network

September 6, 2005 8:23:15 AM

results, please visit http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?threadid=808433
Question: How can I see others on my network, even firewall is disabled
and workgroup is same?

- convert FAT32 into NTFS.
- Running Recovery disk.
- Format the system.
- Other

I have disabled the firewall, even then I can not see others on the
network, :confused: I have FINANCE VLAN, there is a pc which has
following IPCONFIG.
IP...........................10.14.0.35
Subnetmask..............255.255.0.0
Default Gateway........ 10.14.0.1
The work group is the same as other member has that is FINANCE.Pls help
me.
Thanks.

--
aaj

More about : network

Anonymous
September 6, 2005 4:59:14 PM

Are the Server and Workstation services running?

Start | Run | Type: services.msc | Click OK \
Scroll down to Server and Workstion
Are the set to Automatic and running?

If Server is missing in Services...
This will restore the Server service (lanmanserver).

Start | Run | Type: ncpa.cpl | OK |
Right click Your Connection | Properties |General tab |
Install button | Highlight: Service | Add button |
Highlight: File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks | OK |
Close

Server
[[Used for file and print sharing from your computer or Message Queuing. For
security purposes, you may disable this service if you do not require local
printers and files shared across your network. Connectivity, however, still
exists even on incoming shared network drives. Workstation needs to be
running to connect to another computer that has the files you are looking
for. Note: If you disable File and Print sharing, the Server Service may
disappear from the Services listing. Just enable File and Print sharing
again and the Server Service will return.]]
http://web.archive.org/web/20041011114425/www.blackvipe...

-----

If Workstation is missing in Services...

The Client for Microsoft Networks component is actually the Workstation
service.

To see the Workstation service listed in Services...

Network Connections | Right click: Your Connection | Properties | General
tab | Install button | Highlight: Client | Add button | Highlight: Client
for Microsoft Networks | OK | Close

Removing Client for Microsoft Networks Removes Other Services
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322267

Start | Run | Type: services.msc | OK |
Scroll down to and double click Workstation and set to
Automatic | OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes