Sony lap top: I installed Google Earth and when opening it got a
message to change screen resolution for best perfomance. Went to
Display/Properties/Settings and did that. Now when I try to go back
to where it was the screen has shrunk about thirty percent. :-(
Restored PC to previous date with no help--screen still shrunken with
no programs opened. If I leave it where G.E. suggested all my icons
are too small.

Thanks,

brody

brody <joe_brody@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Sony lap top: I installed Google Earth and when opening it got a
>message to change screen resolution for best perfomance. Went to
>Display/Properties/Settings and did that. Now when I try to go back
>to where it was the screen has shrunk about thirty percent. :-(
>Restored PC to previous date with no help--screen still shrunken with
>no programs opened. If I leave it where G.E. suggested all my icons
>are too small.

Don't know if this will help, but there is a setting on my Compaq
laptop that controls a 'border' around the screen. With that checked,
and with my normal resolution of 800x600, my screen appears reduced
like yours. I have an Intel on board graphics driver and the setting
for the border is located as follows: (Hopefully, Sony will be
similar)

Go to the Control Panel / Display / Settings tab / Advanced / and look
for a tab for the Intel Graphics for Mobil device / Graphics
Properties. On my laptop, there is a check box for 'Full Screen, no
border'. With any luck, you will find a similar setting.

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 10:47:22 -0700, Zilbandy
<zil@zilbandyREMOVETHIS.com> wrote:

>brody <joe_brody@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Sony lap top: I installed Google Earth and when opening it got a
>>message to change screen resolution for best perfomance. Went to
>>Display/Properties/Settings and did that. Now when I try to go back
>>to where it was the screen has shrunk about thirty percent. :-(
>>Restored PC to previous date with no help--screen still shrunken with
>>no programs opened. If I leave it where G.E. suggested all my icons
>>are too small.
>
>Don't know if this will help, but there is a setting on my Compaq
>laptop that controls a 'border' around the screen. With that checked,
>and with my normal resolution of 800x600, my screen appears reduced
>like yours. I have an Intel on board graphics driver and the setting
>for the border is located as follows: (Hopefully, Sony will be
>similar)
>
>Go to the Control Panel / Display / Settings tab / Advanced / and look
>for a tab for the Intel Graphics for Mobil device / Graphics
>Properties. On my laptop, there is a check box for 'Full Screen, no
>border'. With any luck, you will find a similar setting.

<G> Hey, thanks a lot. It worked just as you said above. :)

brody