Best mobo for Radeon 8500DV?

G

I took on the task of building my first computer. A friend helped by hooking me up with a Radeon 8500DV video card w AGP 4X/2X Bus. Now I need to find a mobo to match it. I do video editing and play alot of games. I would prefer a really fast Athlon. Whats the baddest high performance mammy jammy I can get to fit my needs? I'm a bit ignorant on this issue and can really use some insight,Thanx alot!!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Abit KR7a-RAID (or KR7a-133, or KR7a, or KR7a133-RAID...confused yet?), is what I'd recommend. I love Abit boards, and it's the best KT266a board out.
You might also look at nForce boards, they perform comparably, and you might find one that strikes your fancy.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Except that they'll be overpriced for the small performance gain. The KT333a might be a good option, but the KT333 isn't.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

G

Thanx alot!! I'm checking into the Abit KR7A now, So far everybody only has good stuff to say about it(or is it them?). Is that many names for the same mobo? or different variations? And yes I am confused,lol. But thats 1 of my natural traits anyway! As far as the KT333a,I didnt even know that there were any mobo options availible on the chipset yet. But as I said,I am ignorant. I'll check into it! Abit Kr7a is first choice for me at this point. any other suggestions? anyone?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by XxXdashXxX on 02/22/02 04:54 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yes, there are that many variations.

KR7a: No ATA133
KR7a-RAID: ATA133 on the RAID ports only
KR7a-133: ATA133 support on normal ports
KR7a133-RAID: ATA133 on both normal ports and RAID ports

The KT333a isn't out yet.

FatBurger

Illustrious
lol
Must be hard to type with those sticky keys...

Octivus

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
I'm kinda peeved about <A HREF="http://pcworld.pricegrabber.com/search_prodsummary.php/masterid=529594/ut=3f3265b0124cf7b0/" target="_new">this</A> ad. At the top it says Abit KR7A- Raid Socket A PC1600/PC2100 DDR, VIA <b>KT266A</b> / VIA VT8233

But then down lower it says <b>KT266</b>

<i><font color=blue>If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets.</font color=blue></i>

FatBurger

Illustrious
It's the right one. Abit never made a motherboard with the KT266 chipset.

TRENDING THREADS