yall, i have tried and tried to delete the temporary internet files in every
way that i know... everything seems to get deleted except for 2 sites that
ALWAYS come up in the address bar no matter what...
i've run a disk cleanup, cookies are off, cache-ing is disabled, i clear out
the temporary internet files folder, i just cannot find where these sites
are being stored... i NEED to delete them but just cant find them.

So basically, when i open my internet browser, when i type in www and the
first letter of a site, a listing of sites appears that i NEED to delete,
have tried every which way i know but just cant get rid of that listing of
sites...
help please...!!!

Also i have another dilemma.. I created some folders in My Documents and
when i tried to delete them, they reappear instantly. A window comes up and
tells me if im sure i want to delete them, i click yes, and when i open my
documents again, theres the folder that was supposedly deleted... it just
wont stay deleted.. its a measly folder that had some office documents and
the folder is not longer needed, but every time i delete it, it only
reappears....
any feedback??

In article <FF68E478-4770-4F12-9A3B-B783A1A80B7F@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-
8?B?ZGVzcGVyYXRlIG1lYXN1cmVz?= <desperate
measures@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
> So basically, when i open my internet browser, when i type in www and the
> first letter of a site, a listing of sites appears that i NEED to delete,
> have tried every which way i know but just cant get rid of that listing of
> sites...
> help please...!!!

That one is easy, here - try this:

Open IE, Select Tools, Internet Options, then select "Clear Hostory",
then do DELETE COOKIES, then do DELETE FILES, then click OK and close
IE.

Now right click on the task bar, select properties, then select "Start
menu" then select Customize, then select Advanced and "Clear List" if
using Windows XP Start menu, or select Customize and "Clear" if using
Classic Start Menu.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

"Leythos" wrote:

> In article <FF68E478-4770-4F12-9A3B-B783A1A80B7F@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-
> 8?B?ZGVzcGVyYXRlIG1lYXN1cmVz?= <desperate
> measures@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
> > So basically, when i open my internet browser, when i type in www and the
> > first letter of a site, a listing of sites appears that i NEED to delete,
> > have tried every which way i know but just cant get rid of that listing of
> > sites...
> > help please...!!!
>
> That one is easy, here - try this:
>
> Open IE, Select Tools, Internet Options, then select "Clear Hostory",
> then do DELETE COOKIES, then do DELETE FILES, then click OK and close
> IE.
>

> Now right click on the task bar, select properties, then select "Start
> menu" then select Customize, then select Advanced and "Clear List" if
> using Windows XP Start menu, or select Customize and "Clear" if using
> Classic Start Menu.
>

> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me

actually, i tried the task bar thing and that helped me get rid of the the
folder i created in My Documents .. the one that no matter how many times i
deleted it it would continue to reappear...
for the temp files that keep appearing, i had already tried deleting the
history, the cookies, and temp files from the Internet Options menu like a
million times.. and that is my problem, that even after all that, AND running
a disk clean up, AND running the Microsoft AntiSpyware Tracks Eraser tool, 2
or 3 particular sites will not be deleted, and they keep coming up no matter
what, even if the pages have not been visited in months... i tried searching
for all the cookies folders, i went into each one of the ones that came up
and all theres is is an Index, which doesnt help because i cant delete it,
but it wont show me WHERE these temp files are being saved... so that i can
delete them once and for all...

In article <3880530C-FB6B-424C-A7BA-C9F603371583@microsoft.com>,
desperatemeasures@discussions.microsoft.com says...

> "Leythos" wrote:
>
> > In article <FF68E478-4770-4F12-9A3B-B783A1A80B7F@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-
> > 8?B?ZGVzcGVyYXRlIG1lYXN1cmVz?= <desperate
> > measures@discussions.microsoft.com> says...
> > > So basically, when i open my internet browser, when i type in www and the
> > > first letter of a site, a listing of sites appears that i NEED to delete,
> > > have tried every which way i know but just cant get rid of that listing of
> > > sites...
> > > help please...!!!
> >
> > That one is easy, here - try this:
> >
> > Open IE, Select Tools, Internet Options, then select "Clear Hostory",
> > then do DELETE COOKIES, then do DELETE FILES, then click OK and close
> > IE.
> >

> > Now right click on the task bar, select properties, then select "Start
> > menu" then select Customize, then select Advanced and "Clear List" if
> > using Windows XP Start menu, or select Customize and "Clear" if using
> > Classic Start Menu.
> >

> actually, i tried the task bar thing and that helped me get rid of the the
> folder i created in My Documents .. the one that no matter how many times i
> deleted it it would continue to reappear...
> for the temp files that keep appearing, i had already tried deleting the
> history, the cookies, and temp files from the Internet Options menu like a
> million times.. and that is my problem, that even after all that, AND running
> a disk clean up, AND running the Microsoft AntiSpyware Tracks Eraser tool, 2
> or 3 particular sites will not be deleted, and they keep coming up no matter
> what, even if the pages have not been visited in months... i tried searching
> for all the cookies folders, i went into each one of the ones that came up
> and all theres is is an Index, which doesnt help because i cant delete it,
> but it wont show me WHERE these temp files are being saved... so that i can
> delete them once and for all...

Lets try this then: This is a basic form post, it contains anti-spyware
links and even Anti-Virus software downloads that I trust. Select
AdAwareSe and the AVG antivirus, download them, install them, update
them, and then reboot in safe mode and run them in safe mode.

If you have malicious software on your computer those two should handle
most of it. (sorry about the form post, but it has the links you need)

Read and follow these links as needed to fix your system:

Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
place to download their application.

Also, do not post your log files here - there are HiJack groups for just
that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for looking
at them.

Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

AdAwareSE can be found here:

SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

Ewido Security Suite Trial can be found here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
from here:
http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

These are the actual vendors sites, not some unknown or authorized no-
name site. They also don't artificially increase the hits for sites that
get paid for the amount of traffic they can generate like one poster has
admitted to in this group.

When running these application, install them, update them, then reboot
in SAFE MODE and run them again to get even more things.

If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:

Use this, it will get it http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/CleanUp40.exe

"desperate measures" <desperate measures@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:FF68E478-4770-4F12-9A3B-B783A1A80B7F@microsoft.com...

In article <gpnTe.1219$LZ6.184@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Use this, it will get it http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/CleanUp40.exe

Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
of non-vendor site (such as a personal website hosting files) you have
[...]

Stop stalking me.

In article <xbqTe.1311$I7.1148@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Stop stalking me.

Stop following me around the Microsoft groups. Since I was here well
before you, it would stand to reason that you're following me.

You also can't expect to post things against the forums guidelines
without being corrected - especially when you ask people to do things
that none of us would consider secure.