serious immediate help needed

September 6, 2005 12:01:06 PM

My computer started to act strange yesterday, lost all saved settings, when
restarting it is like starting a new computer, i went to system restore, this
i completed all was successsful all information was there but when i restart
my computer it is if i hadnt restored it. i dont know what is happening, so
please can someone help me as i have know knowledge with computers. require
desprate help?

More about : needed

Anonymous
September 6, 2005 3:44:34 PM

What protection against viruses and spyware is installed on your computer?

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"tanya" <tanya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer started to act strange yesterday, lost all saved settings,
when
> restarting it is like starting a new computer, i went to system restore,
this
> i completed all was successsful all information was there but when i
restart
> my computer it is if i hadnt restored it. i dont know what is happening,
so
> please can someone help me as i have know knowledge with computers.
require
> desprate help?
September 6, 2005 7:10:46 PM

In news:9C9A6494-DE0F-41CD-BC59-BABD48950C27@microsoft.com,
tanya <tanya@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> My computer started to act strange yesterday, lost all saved
> settings, when restarting it is like starting a new computer, i went
> to system restore, this i completed all was successsful all
> information was there but when i restart my computer it is if i hadnt
> restored it. i dont know what is happening, so please can someone
> help me as i have know knowledge with computers. require desprate
> help?

Sounds like a corrupted profile:

Corrupted Profile: Windows XP :
http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/corruptprofile.htm...

Once you have that done you might wish to scan for malware.

Malware Cleaning :
http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html

Galen

Sherlock Holmes