serious immediate help needed

My computer started to act strange yesterday, lost all saved settings, when
restarting it is like starting a new computer, i went to system restore, this
i completed all was successsful all information was there but when i restart
my computer it is if i hadnt restored it. i dont know what is happening, so
please can someone help me as i have know knowledge with computers. require
desprate help?
2 answers Last reply
More about serious needed

    What protection against viruses and spyware is installed on your computer?

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    In news:9C9A6494-DE0F-41CD-BC59-BABD48950C27@microsoft.com,
    tanya <tanya@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > My computer started to act strange yesterday, lost all saved
    > settings, when restarting it is like starting a new computer, i went
    > to system restore, this i completed all was successsful all
    > information was there but when i restart my computer it is if i hadnt
    > restored it. i dont know what is happening, so please can someone
    > help me as i have know knowledge with computers. require desprate
    > help?

    Sounds like a corrupted profile:

    Corrupted Profile: Windows XP :
    http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/corruptprofile.html

    Once you have that done you might wish to scan for malware.

    Malware Cleaning :
    http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

Support Computers Microsoft System Restore Windows XP