XP PRO Password

When I turn on my laptop XP Pro asks me to enter my password. It hasn't done
this before and I don't know my password. How can I get my password or
bypass this screen?
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about password

    Try leaving it blank.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:3A2E3A44-863F-4A1E-8C5F-AF3360AEBCF7@microsoft.com,
    bobperry01 <bobperry01@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    bobperry01 <bobperry01@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > When I turn on my laptop XP Pro asks me to enter my password. It
    > hasn't done this before and I don't know my password. How can I get
    > my password or bypass this screen?
    > Thanks

    Password Problems :
    http://kgiii.info/windows/2k-XP/security/password_problems.html

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 08:49:37 -0700, "bobperry01"
    <bobperry01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >When I turn on my laptop XP Pro asks me to enter my password. It hasn't done
    >this before and I don't know my password. How can I get my password or
    >bypass this screen?
    >Thanks

    Someone changed it ... I would really start with that premise. I
    can't think of a single time in our company that a XP Pro machine has
    spontaneously started or enabled this feature. Now that password is
    doing what it's suppose to do. If you are NOT the administrator, then
    you're in luck ... go visit the administrator. If you are the
    administrator, I don't have any guidance for you.

Support Microsoft Windows XP