XP PRO Password

September 6, 2005 12:49:37 PM

When I turn on my laptop XP Pro asks me to enter my password. It hasn't done
this before and I don't know my password. How can I get my password or
bypass this screen?
Thanks

More about : pro password

Anonymous
September 6, 2005 4:41:17 PM

Try leaving it blank.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:3A2E3A44-863F-4A1E-8C5F-AF3360AEBCF7@microsoft.com,
bobperry01 <bobperry01@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> When I turn on my laptop XP Pro asks me to enter my password. It hasn't
> done this before and I don't know my password. How can I get my password
> or bypass this screen?
> Thanks
September 6, 2005 7:09:04 PM

In news:3A2E3A44-863F-4A1E-8C5F-AF3360AEBCF7@microsoft.com,
bobperry01 <bobperry01@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> When I turn on my laptop XP Pro asks me to enter my password. It
> hasn't done this before and I don't know my password. How can I get
> my password or bypass this screen?
> Thanks

Password Problems :
http://kgiii.info/windows/2k-XP/security/password_probl...

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
September 6, 2005 9:52:06 PM

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 08:49:37 -0700, "bobperry01"
<bobperry01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I turn on my laptop XP Pro asks me to enter my password. It hasn't done
>this before and I don't know my password. How can I get my password or
>bypass this screen?
>Thanks

Someone changed it ... I would really start with that premise. I
can't think of a single time in our company that a XP Pro machine has
spontaneously started or enabled this feature. Now that password is
doing what it's suppose to do. If you are NOT the administrator, then
you're in luck ... go visit the administrator. If you are the
administrator, I don't have any guidance for you.
!